"My Foods" Help!!

Options
I am ready to go ballistic on this website. Here's why and I hope someone can tell me what the heck is going on.

I have entered TONS of foods and a handful of recipes that took FOREVER to do. When I go to my diary to enter a food item, they're all there for me to choose from and everything is hunky dory.

HOWEVER.

If I go to "My Foods", only a fraction of what I entered is listed. WTF????? This infuriates me because I want to delete some of the foods I entered and/or edit them and I can't.

Can someone please help? I want to be able to use this website without feeling like I'm going to lose my mind.

Michele

Replies

• xxmarysmxx
    xxmarysmxx Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Could some be under recipes?
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    The foods (stuff with labels, entries I get from restaurant sites, etc) I enter show up under My Foods.

The recipes I enter show up under Recipes - not My Foods.

It's all in there, just two different places.
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    You can not delete or edit entries under "recent," "my foods," "meals," or "recipes, listed in your diary. It is a flaw in the system and many of us, in here since the beginning of eternity, have been complaining and requesting to change. So far not so good. :angry:

You can delete the recipes that you built under "New Recipes," but you can't edit them either; unless you delete the item and enter the new one or the new amount.

I don't know why your entries are missing under "My Foods," maybe somebody can explain that. It is a feature that I don't use much.

FYI, you can delete items listed in the "Frequent" section.

Sorry about your frustration; you are not alone.
  • micherie1969
    Options
    Thanks guys... I am glad I'm not alone in this :ohwell:
  • micherie1969
    Options
    GRRRRRRRRR...... now this ***** wont let me change my fitness goals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I click 'save' it just goes back to what it used to be!!

Now I know why I abandoned MFP :explode:
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    You can not delete or edit entries under "recent," "my foods," "meals," or "recipes, listed in your diary. It is a flaw in the system and many of us, in here since the beginning of eternity, have been complaining and requesting to change. So far not so good. :angry:

You can delete the recipes that you built under "New Recipes," but you can't edit them either; unless you delete the item and enter the new one or the new amount.

I don't know why your entries are missing under "My Foods," maybe somebody can explain that. It is a feature that I don't use much.

I have the MFP app for Kindle. I just checked and I can delete any foods I want, and I can alter recipes if I choose to change an ingredient amount. I can even add an ingredient if I want.

However, for MFP on my Iphone, I can't do diddly squat.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options

?? I edit recipes all the time. You just go under recipes (not through the food diary, but through the recipes tab that you use if you want to create a new recipe), click on the name of the recipe you want to edit, and delete ingredients by clicking on the little red circle with the horizontal white bar, and add ingredients by clicking on "add ingredients." (Unfortunately, you can't change the amount of an existing ingredient; you have to add the proper amount as a new ingredient and delete the old amount.) You can also delete a recipe. Again, go under recipes (not through the food diary) and hover your cursor over the name of the recipe you want to delete. Two clickable buttons will appear to right, one for deleting the recipe and one for adding the recipe to your diary. Slide the cursor to the right (if you move it vertically the buttons will disappear) and click on delete.

You can delete My Meals the same way, going through the My Meals tab, not the food diary tab. (As you can see, the secret is not to use the diary when you're trying to edit and delete foods, recipes, meals.) Once you select a meal that you've saved, a green button will appear that says "delete selected meal." The only way I've found to edit a meal in My Meals is to log it into to your diary, make the changes you want, use the quick tools to "save meal," and then instead of giving the meal a new name, click on the green button that says "Or, Replace an Existing Meal."

You can also edit "My Foods" by clicking on the my foods tab (again, not through the diary -- the tabs I'm talking about are on the same hierarchical level as the food diary -- i.e., under the top-level food tabs you should see "food diary," "database," "my foods," "my meals," "recipes," and "settings" -- those are the tabs I'm talking about). Once you click on "My Foods" and find the food you want to edit, click on it, and the nutrition facts for that food will show up, along with a green button that says "edit."

You can only delete foods in "My Foods" if you did not choose to share them with other MFP users (it asks you that when you first create the food).
  • Ely82010
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions and comments; however, many of the things that you mentioned cannot be done in a PC. I don't have a smartphone, tablet or any of those new gadgets. I can delete recipes and add items, but I can not edit them by changing the amount of the ingredients under the recipe tab.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your suggestions and comments; however, many of the things that you mentioned cannot be done in a PC. I don't have a smartphone, tablet or any of those new gadgets. I can delete recipes and add items, but I can not edit them by changing the amount of the ingredients under the recipe tab.

you cant edit the amount of something when its in a recipe, but you can add the item again and put in the new amount and then delete the old one on PC... (i know because i did it yesterday)
  • claudiakendall98
    claudiakendall98 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    I also edit my recipes and delete them no problem accessing on a laptop.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't change the amount of an existing ingredient; you have to add the proper amount as a new ingredient and delete the old amount.

On my Kindle and Iphone I can change the amount of an existing ingredient. I don't now about here on the web, though.
  • Ely82010
    Options

you cant edit the amount of something when its in a recipe, but you can add the item again and put in the new amount and then delete the old one on PC... (i know because i did it yesterday)

I know, that is what I do and that is what I don't like. We should be able to click in the item and change the amount just like we do it in the food log.

We should be able to delete entries in the "recent" section too, but there is no delete button at the bottom of the page.