At the gym tonight

Options
So, I went to the gym tonight and it was at peak hour (I never go at this time).

Cardio was swamped but I found a treadmill since it was cardio day for me. I hopped on for my warm up walk and began my C25K program, however the girl in front of me was running as was the guy beside me. SO, I began running and ran too fast.

Apparently Im competitive in this environment and ran too fast- I got a stitch in my side and had to slow to a walk. Bleh. Was aggravated but decided to keep going .
I happened to glance at the weight section and noticed that it was full with all guys....but wait, there were TWO girls there (separately)! I wanted to jump for joy- they worked their war around the weight room and left.

I want to hop in thr weigh section just to be with them. YAY for women lifting!! LOL

Yea, I'm a little weird :wink:

Replies

• TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Weirdness is a sign of greatness :P But hey, some competition is good!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    this is exactly why my race times tend to be faster than when i run on my own. plus i've noticed that unconsciously people on treadmills end up running with the same footfalls. i wonder if there's something evolutionary in that. like our brain registers that other members of your tribe are moving at x speed so maybe you should too since running = danger
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Weirdness is a sign of greatness :P But hey, some competition is good!!!

aww :blushing:
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    this is exactly why my race times tend to be faster than when i run on my own. plus i've noticed that unconsciously people on treadmills end up running with the same footfalls. i wonder if there's something evolutionary in that. like our brain registers that other members of your tribe are moving at x speed so maybe you should too since running = danger

Ohh, awesome thoughts. Maybe your right!?

Smarty pants ;)
  • marciebrian
    marciebrian Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    I'm just chiming in to say that the pups are adorable ;=)
  • pittbullgirl
    Options
    I'm just chiming in to say that the pups are adorable ;=)

Thank you :)
  • jesmith86
    Options
    I love going to the gym and smashing my set in the weights room when I'm the only girl there, it makes me feel proud of myself (especially when I'm lifting more than some of the guys!)

Oh and no, I'm not one of those girls who go to that section for the attention, I'm chubby, sweat really bad and go read in the face (oh and I have a husband lol), I am NOT an attractive person when at the gym ha ha ha!!!!!!

Cheers to women who lift!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way I love to see women doing strength training. We have to stick together :)