how did everyone manage thanksgiving?

i didn't even report the weekend. im a bad boy, i know.

Replies

• It was horrid. The 3 days leading up to, and the day of, were just..bad. I was so stressed and went on a 4 day binge. It sounds terrible, but I accepted it and started back up on Friday. I gained 15 pounds of water weight and was sooo bloated for a few days after. I'm finally feeling better and have lost all of that water weight. I might have gained a pound last week, but it'll come off.
  • lisabinco
    lisabinco Posts: 1,016 Member
    I did okay. I cooked several dishes I knew would be eaten primarily by me, and had those as leftovers as well. I sent the bulk of the leftovers with the guests, especially the sweet stuff and the breads. I ate too much, of course, but only gained 4 pounds; have dropped half of that already. I just accepted that I would eat too much that day and didn't stress on it. I logged it, too. Just over 4,000 calories that day, just guesstimating. Yikes! But it worked so well that I'm already looking for recipes for Christmas that I will cook, basically for myself, and do the same thing over again in a month.
  • 4 day binge - now I have a fat face again.... damn simple carbs!
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Errrm, by not taking it personallY !! (Brit!!!)
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Gained 2 pounds
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Three dinners, ate way too much the first one, and felt so miserable I actually stayed within my goals the next two.
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    I knew what was being made, I didn't eat earlier in the day, and while I let myself eat whatever I wanted, I made sure to eat in moderation. ONE slice of turkey, ONE large spoonful of green bean casserole, etc. And I made sure to nibble a lot on the fresh fruits and vegetables that had been set out as appetizers.

I think my biggest indulgence was drinking San Pellegrino Aranciata Rossa, but hell, it was Thanksgiving. :)
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,072 Member
    Just fine. I "saved" a few extra calories earlier in the week and figured I could have 3000 calories on Thanksgiving and still hit my target deficit for the week. I had some of everything I wanted, a half-bottle of chocolate stout with appetizers, a glass of wine with dinner, and was completely full after one round of small to reasonable helpings of turkey/mashed potatoes/stuffing/gravy/sweet potato casserole/broccoli-corn casserole/cranberry sauce/homemade applesauce/small roll. I just didn't have room for seconds. Later I managed to put away a small slice of cherry pie and a small slice of pumpkin pie with just a bit of whipped dairy topping, with coffee. Clocked in at about 2800 calories (about 600 to 700 above maintenance). Took away turkey, cranberry sauce, and sweet potatoes for one meal of leftovers on Friday, and broccoli-corn casserole for several rounds of leftovers on ensuing days. I was down one pound when I weighed in on Saturday.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    I am down 3 pounds as of this morning. I stayed the course, even eating over at my sisters house.

I had turkey, green vegetables, salad, sweet potatoes and allowed myself 1 dessert that I never eat anymore.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    I think I sat down the day after my last thanksgiving meal and mentally calculated it at being at about 10-13k a day for the full 3 days of thanksgiving. Totally worth every itty bitty calorie :)
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    IT was delicious. We do Thanksgiving Lunch so I had a small breakfast and small dinner and allocated most of my calories to lunch. Since we do lunch we also don't do appetizers before which helps.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    I ate as much as I wanted, then logged. Pretty much the same as every day.
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Between Thursday and Sunday I logged in but didn't record anything. I ate and drank a lot, and didn't exercise. I may have gained a lbs or two, who knows...
  • goku89
    goku89 Posts: 160
    i believe if we don't log days like that it'll save us some sanity, we need to let loose once in a while.
  • shawn1112
    shawn1112 Posts: 94 Member
    I weigh in tomorrow and am expecting a gain of 2-3lbs
  • 19TaraLynn84
    19TaraLynn84 Posts: 739 Member
    I didn't log Thursday or Friday. Those homemade pecan pies were sooooooo good! I'm not telling how many slices I ate.
  • airdiva1
    airdiva1 Posts: 198 Member
    I won't weight in until Saturday, but I think overall that I did rather well!
    I made sure the get my daily walking of four miles prior to dining.
    I did enjoy three servings of dressing, cranberry sauce and gravy (my weakness!), turkey,ham with a small amount of greens and mac and cheese.
    No cakes or pies!
    The next day, back to my basic meals that I normally eat. On Saturday I ate a silver thin slice of sausage quicne. My mother joked on how small it was. I placed 150 calories in and was still under.
    Other than that, stay with my walking and left the remaining leftovers alone. My father bbq some ribs Sunday and I was tempted,but ate my kale and fish!
    Overall, proud that I did quite well!
    Will follow the same for Christmas!
  • loslunascatherine
    loslunascatherine Posts: 14 Member
    I managed very well…I ate for three days straight, stopped exercising and made a note to myself: Its not worth it!!!
    :smile:
  • BarbieDiva
    BarbieDiva Posts: 3 Member
    Hey Guys! I managed to lose 1 lb 4oz. Shocking right?? I'm unsure how that happened but I'm grateful!!
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    It was actually not bad at all! Small portions and did have some pumpkin pie with homemade whipped cream. But didn't go crazy and didn't binge at all before, during as since the holiday. :) Now if I can do that consistently for a few months then I'll hit goal!!! Lack of consistency is my downfall!