My birthday is on Saturday!

Options
briana12077
briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
My mom said she would cook me anything she wants/ make me any cake or dessert I want.
I told her I don't want anything high in calories or fat if it can be avoided because I won't have fun trying to not eat a lot of it on my bday.

What are some good low cal/low fat dessert recipes you guys know of?

Replies

• gimpygramma
    gimpygramma Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake "iced" with Dream Whip mixed with diet Jello powder. My grandson has type 1 diabetes and even he can have this. A few fresh strawberries as a garnish make it look quite festive.
  • pinktac0
    Options
    my birthday is TODAY! anyways i looove baking and i always use eggwhites (add an extra white for taking out the yellows) & water instead of oil. No one has ever noticed and i love my cakes & muffins
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    Jello Shots > Cake lol
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    My bday is Saturday too happy birthday. I love angle food cake with some strawberries.
  • briana12077
    briana12077 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm having a few friends over so I was just thinking something simple yet not too many cals that my friends would like and not make a big deal over... and I don't drink lol
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake "iced" with Dream Whip mixed with diet Jello powder. My grandson has type 1 diabetes and even he can have this. A few fresh strawberries as a garnish make it look quite festive.

This sounds yummy!
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I like apple crisp, you can add lots of other fruit to it and you can make it with a minimal amount of butter and sugar. I use lots of cinnamon, nutmeg and cranberries when I make it.
  • colibri23
    colibri23 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Check this out: http://dessertswithbenefits.com/recipes/ I just found it a few days ago, but it seems chocked full of good ideas! I'm going to make some of these recipes for Christmas this year :)
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    My mom said she would cook me anything she wants/ make me any cake or dessert I want.
    I told her I don't want anything high in calories or fat if it can be avoided because I won't have fun trying to not eat a lot of it on my bday.

I would possibly seek out professional help, if you cannot enjoy 1 day of eating slightly higher cals than usual
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I like to have cauliflower cake with broccoli icing on my birthday. Google it. It's amazing.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I like to have cauliflower cake with broccoli icing on my birthday. Google it. It's amazing.

I think Dunkin Donuts has that as a donut...or maybe its krispy kreme.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options

I would possibly seek out professional help, if you cannot enjoy 1 day of eating slightly higher cals than usual

this.
    dont torture your friends with pretend treats.
    enjoy your bday for x's sake.

keep-calm-and-eat-all-the-food.png
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    Jello Shots > Cake lol

Do not have Kamikaze shots, because, well, poor taste given your birth date...
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I really wish someone had offered to bake me a high calorie, high fat cake on my birthday. I had to bake my own. :sad:
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    It was my birthday yesterday! I had a lovely Italian dinner with fizzy wine, panna cotta for dessert, limoncello liqueur and caffe latte.......it was fabulous! Just take a day at maintenance, it really won't hurt.:wink:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories on my birthday!! I eat whatever I want and enjoy my day! The day after my birthday I'm back to beast mode - healthy eating and working out....bye bye cake. The important thing is consistency. There was a quote on Nerd Fitness once that I can't completely remember but the gist of it is - If you're awesome, consistent and staying on target 200 + days a year, don't worry about a handful of special events.
  • Lifts4IceCream
    Lifts4IceCream Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories on my birthday!! I eat whatever I want and enjoy my day! The day after my birthday I'm back to beast mode - healthy eating and working out....bye bye cake. The important thing is consistency. There was a quote on Nerd Fitness once that I can't completely remember but the gist of it is - If you're awesome, consistent and staying on target 200 + days a year, don't worry about a handful of special events.

^^^This^^^

If you are in it for the long haul and know you have the willpower to get back to your new lifestyle, in the long run, its not even a speed bump. You may gain a pound of water weight is all.

I totally agree and follow this "...consistent and staying on target 200 + days a year, don't worry about a handful of special events."
  • patols1
    patols1 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I like angel food cake with strawberries(with sugar), in fact my birthday was last month and that is what we had for dessert. Everyone loved it!! I didn't feel so guilty and they were happy too!!
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Angel food cake (sugar free one if you like) with fat free or lite whipped cream and strawberries
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
    EAT
    DRINK AND
    SHRINK