my story

Hi my name is stephanie. I've decided to join myfitnesspal because I stepped on the scale today, saw I was 195 lbs and nearly cried. But I wanted to get my story off my chest first.

I'm too lazy to tell the whole story but two years ago I was 200 lbs. I lost weight for a guy who'd end up emotionally abusing me. I'm not back at square one but this time I'm not losing weight for men, or people who don't love or care about me. I'm doing it for ME. If anyone wants to join me on my journey please add me :)

Replies

• I would love to me friends with you... :heart:
  • ciccanti38
    ciccanti38 Posts: 37 Member
    Ahhh...I am sorry to hear about your past! You are now doing the right thing and moving on with the right mind set...ALL ABOUT YOU! I would love to be your friend & help you out! I would also love to invite you to my private Facebook Fitness group where all your posts can only be seen by other members. I have just started it & there are so many wonderful, positive people there to cheer you on! It is a group for encouragement & support. I believe that it is much easier to satay accountable when you are surrounded by like minded people who share the same interests. I will also be having group fitness challenges in the near future where you will be required to check in daily. Although, they will be optional! Does that seem like something that you may be interested in? I would love for you to join us! The group name is....Fit and Healthy Minds!
  • WhisperAnne
    WhisperAnne Posts: 453 Member
    I understand you 100%, years ago I was almost 300 pounds and so unhappy with myself! I wanted to feel good about my body and having people make fun of me everyday really made me feel bad..especially when your own family picked on you about your size. I decided to lose weight for myself and to prove everyone wrong..and I did :)

I'm more than happy to be here for support!