Get fit by Spring - Lets do this!!

Options
Do you have any major events happening in the Spring you want to get fit for, or maybe just want to get fit before summer begins? My birthday is April 20, and I'm graduating college end of May, so I have work to do!. This WILL be the year I finally meet my weight goal so I can look good for the pics and have even more to be proud of!

I started 30DS today, and plan to move to Ripped in 30 after. I would love for more people to join me in getting fit for Spring/Summer.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/17737-goal-spring-2014-weight-loss

Replies

• KarinNurse
    Options
    I was already in! In february begins my school. I will meet a lot of new people and want to show up as a new me. That's a extra motivation. But I'm doing this for myself to learn about being healthy and live a different lifestyle.
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    My birthday is April 22nd! Turning 28, which means I will officially be closer to 30 than 25! :( My 10 year high school reunion is also sometime next year, so I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to be in awesome shape. I'm not sure if I'll be able to go or not, but I don't want to not go because of how I look! I need these next 2 years to be awesome so 30 doesn't seem so bad, and being fit would go a long way! :D

I started Chalean Extreme today and walking at least 10,000 steps a day.

Rachel
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I have a major event coming up April 1 and I need to get fit!!! Count me in!!!
  • twinmom823
    twinmom823 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'll be getting fitted for my matron of honor dress in March/April, it's also my 4 years wedding anniversary April 10th and we have a prom themed event on April 26th!
  • jonzo21
    jonzo21 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    seems like there's a lot of things happening in the Spring! More motivation yay!!
  • jonzo21
    Options
    Would love to have more 30DS buddies in the group! Or even people who do Zumba!
  • ashley0314
    ashley0314 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'll do 30DS with you...My 27th birthday is in March and I would love to lose a lot before then.
  • jonzo21
    Options
    I'll do 30DS with you...My 27th birthday is in March and I would love to lose a lot before then.

perfect! We can do this! Have you already started 30DS?
  • MLPC
    MLPC Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I would like to join you. Turning 40 in March, I don't want to be fat and forty!! Have you started the 30DS? I have that dvd and Ripped in 30, along with body revolution. I will begin today :)
  • jonzo21
    Options
    I did start the 30DS, I finished day 9 today :) Come join us! Have you done any of the programs all the way through before? I'm curious about body revolution.
  • ldelahanty1974
    ldelahanty1974 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am so in! I am 39 mother of three, two in college and lots of weight to lose. I was diagnosed with Diabetes and would like to reverse that with diet, weight loss and exercise I can live with. I walk 4-10 miles every day, I do yoga and have a Gazelle. I will run again in the spring but right now the weather is terrible in Northern Michigan. I hope that by my 14th wedding anniversary on March 10, 2014 I will have lost a total of 50 more pounds. I am currently doing the lose 20 by Christmas and am only a half pound away! I am super competitive and love a challenge. I would like to be at my ultimate goal weight by Cherry Festival so I can run in the race they have.
    The weekly weigh in posts are helpful for me and knowing that there is support out there.
    Here are my starting stats

Height .................5'6.5"
    Starting weight 10-18-2013......251
    Current weight. 12-12-13..........215.5
    Goal weight for Anniversary......165
    Ultimate goal weight...................135
  • ldelahanty1974
    Options
    That is awesome! I am 39 too! I turn 40 in September but March is my goal because of my anniversary. Good luck!
  • angmarie28
    angmarie28 Posts: 2,801 Member
    Options
    Im in, I just turned 26 last month, I was only 1 lb from my goal weight and about 5% away from my BF% goal then I got married in August, and am now 11.6 lbs away from my goal, ugh, so here I am back to it, We plan on going to Oregon this summer and would love to wear my bikini to the beach, so I want to lose about 15lbs by summer.
  • jonzo21
    Options
    I am so in! I am 39 mother of three, two in college and lots of weight to lose. I was diagnosed with Diabetes and would like to reverse that with diet, weight loss and exercise I can live with. I walk 4-10 miles every day, I do yoga and have a Gazelle. I will run again in the spring but right now the weather is terrible in Northern Michigan. I hope that by my 14th wedding anniversary on March 10, 2014 I will have lost a total of 50 more pounds. I am currently doing the lose 20 by Christmas and am only a half pound away! I am super competitive and love a challenge. I would like to be at my ultimate goal weight by Cherry Festival so I can run in the race they have.
    The weekly weigh in posts are helpful for me and knowing that there is support out there.

wow congrats on your total loss so far! Cant wait to see where you'll be at by your anniversary!
  • jonzo21
    Options
    Im in, I just turned 26 last month, I was only 1 lb from my goal weight and about 5% away from my BF% goal then I got married in August, and am now 11.6 lbs away from my goal, ugh, so here I am back to it, We plan on going to Oregon this summer and would love to wear my bikini to the beach, so I want to lose about 15lbs by summer.

that sounds very manageable, keep us posted!
  • ldelahanty1974
    Options

wow congrats on your total loss so far! Cant wait to see where you'll be at by your anniversary!
    Thanks!
  • jonzo21
    Options
    Starting Jan 1st we'll be weighing on through a spreadsheet! Just because it starts January 1st doesn't mean your off the hook till then, every day counts towards those goals!

Join us! Still need more 30DS buddies. I'm on day 12 now, but plan on doing it for a total of 60 days.
  • bama1momma
    bama1momma Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My daughter will turn one April 25th. My goal is to be prebaby weight again and go from there!
  • ltfitz89
    ltfitz89 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    This is great!! I so need this! My best friend is getting married in May and I am the MOH and I get married in June! I want in!!! I have tried to do 30DS numerous times before but have never stuck with it. I need to do this!
  • jonzo21
    Options
    This is great!! I so need this! My best friend is getting married in May and I am the MOH and I get married in June! I want in!!! I have tried to do 30DS numerous times before but have never stuck with it. I need to do this!

you can do this!! The first 4-5 days of 30DS are the worst as you feel like you're going to die from the soreness. But trust me if you make it past the 5 day mark the pain goes away, and you will be in awe what you can accomplish!