1 large potato
1/2 head of celery
1/2 lemon
1 teaspoon of olive oil
water
salt
pepper

Wash all vegetables.
Cut the leeks in the half lengthwise after trimming the tops and slice the leeks (wash after this step because there's dirt between the stalks).
Peel and dice the potatoes.
Slice the celery.

Combine above ingredient in a pressure cooker (but don't put the lid on!). Add one teaspoon of olive oil and salt+pepper. Allow to sautee for about 10-15 minutes (vegetables will release their juices).

When the vegetables have released their juices and appear to be half the amount they once were in the pot, add 5-6 cups of water (depends on how thick you want your soup). Close the pressure cooker and allow to cook for 20 minutes.

Take a hand blender, and blend the soup to a thick consistency (optional). You can add more water and allow it to cook for longer if the soup is too thick or simply cook it on the stovetop longer if it is too thin.

Add lemon juice for extra flavor.

And you have your super healthy soup :)!

you can substitute butter for olive oil, and add a little milk at the end for extra creaminess, but I like my soup without these ingredients. I like eating this when I am craving junk food or when I have reached my calorie limit for the day and I want something super low calorie or as something filling and warm for late nights when I'm up studying :).

Replies