A Horrible Week..... :(

Options
Have had horrible last week.... 2 work parties (my hubbies and my own... ) an early family xmas party (our nephew and his family have gone to Scotland for 6 weeks) plus we had my daughter engagement party!!!! and I did the catering... OMG!!!! the first 3 evenings went great then on Sat when i did the catering i could not take it anymore... and ate myself full on sausage rolls... samoosas... and anything else that was available... had 4 glasses of champs to... I just got to the point of "boiling" and just could not refrain from having a party.... NOW tomorrow i have to go and get weighed in at Weigh-Less... my scale at home has said I have put on 2kgs... OMG!!!!! why did I do that...why could I just not keep myself in check for just one more time... from now on there are no more parties except our small Xmas day get together which will just be a normal dinner for just my immediate family.. so I wont be even close to any of the rubbish that I saw over this last week... :( I just could not believe myself I just "let go" and left caution to the wind... for that day..

Replies

• candiceh3
    Options
    You did well to last that long! It is OK to enjoy a blow out now and then. If it makes you feel better, most of your weight gain will be from your body storing glycogen and sodium with water :). You should shed that fairly quickly. Lots of water and some light exercise will see it gone. Don't be too hard on yourself!
  • RosyBest
    RosyBest Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    We have definitely all been there and I can personally relate. For me it's not about falling off of the wagon, but what I do once I'm off? Remain off, or get back on ? I think you'll be just fine as long as you get on the healthy wagon again. Good luck!
  • lynn900
    lynn900 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys.... I am "back on" the eating menu since Monday morning... but I felt so bloated on Sunday and Monday and have no energy... went to aerobics last night and I could quite honestly say it took a BIG push from my daughter (who was with me) to finish it.... I feel a little better today.. and tonight is STEP... I will go... I can say that I had terrible heartburn on Sunday (first time in 14months since I have been on diet)... I suppose my body was giving me "back" what I had fed it... lol....
  • lynn900
    Options
    I just hate the notion of standing on that damn scale tomorrow.... :( and then no matter what i weigh it gets written down... :(
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I just hate the notion of standing on that damn scale tomorrow.... :( and then no matter what i weigh it gets written down... :(

too late to worry about that now!
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,300 Member
    Options
    It is not everyday your daughter becomes engaged. You were happy for her, for you and other members of your family. This sounds a normal reaction, especially when you have been so controlled. You all had a very happy party, that this happened at the same time as you are taking care of your health is unfortunate, so what, your appointment with some public scales is imminent, you are working for a long and happy life after the scales, one week no loss, in these circumstances no problem. You would tell your daughter "one day does not a marriage make, nor does one day, a "diet" break. Probably by the time they marry you will have achieved your principal goal. You will be free to enjoy this day every bit as much.

All the very best as you head towards a long, healthy and happy life.
  • lynn900
    Options
    Thanks everyone... :):) I feel much better... no matter what the scale says tomorrow, I will accept it and move on, wash it out my system and work hard (I am back on track since yesterday... to make next weeks weigh-in better.... :) as long as I do that and show a drop next week everything will be back on track...
  • S3r3knitty
    S3r3knitty Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. Celebrating once in a while is fine and as long as it stays at "once in a while" you won't gain the weight you lost back. I also don't believe you really gained 2kgs back by eating once more than you should. Wouldn't that equal a ton of calories?
  • phyl88
    phyl88 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself. We have all been there and will potentially go there again. We need to celebrate the wonderful times in our lives and enjoy them. Most of the time celebrations = food.... that's just life. You are already back on the plan so stop worrying about the weight in, you'll get that excess weight back off. And as someone said, it's mostly sodium, so just flush it through and move on. Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • BernadetteChurch
    BernadetteChurch Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    :( I just could not believe myself I just "let go" and left caution to the wind... for that day..

The operative words here are "for that day". It's one day and it won't break you or undo all your good work.

You know what you need to do so just start doing it again.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You know what - that is okay; it's a kinda given over holidays and events! Just put in some more work after everything has subsided and you can get back onto the track - YOU CAN DO THIS!!
  • lynn900
    Options
    lets hope its not 2kgs.. :( like i said.. i went to 4 different parties in the last 7 days... I did not eat over board on 3 of the evening but i still ate the food that was served... and had a few glasses of champs... and on sat I did over eat like a mad woman. :( I regret what i did on Sunday... but it was to late then... if its 2kgs... then so be it... but i am back to normal with weighing etc and doing extra gym ... and drinking the water required (actually have been drinking 3 litres of water instead of 2 required from weigh less... so lets hope next week it will be a better weigh in... as i know tomorrow wont be a good one... I just have to look further than tomorrow...
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    It is not everyday your daughter becomes engaged. You were happy for her, for you and other members of your family. This sounds a normal reaction, especially when you have been so controlled. You all had a very happy party, that this happened at the same time as you are taking care of your health is unfortunate, so what, your appointment with some public scales is imminent, you are working for a long and happy life after the scales, one week no loss, in these circumstances no problem. You would tell your daughter "one day does not a marriage make, nor does one day, a "diet" break. Probably by the time they marry you will have achieved your principal goal. You will be free to enjoy this day every bit as much.

All the very best as you head towards a long, healthy and happy life.

This. It makes me really sad to read about how you had a 'horrible' week celebrating with loved ones. Youre back to regular eating now. Youre never going to vow to never celebrate or enjoy eating again. Just see it as a rare celebration day and go on with your life. x
  • lynn900
    Options
    Thank you.... needed that... :):flowerforyou:
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: