1 month no exercise (injury); need help to start again!

Options
I did like 10 weeks of Jillian Michaels DVDs then I hurt my side/back.

Back feels better but now I have lost my motivation to exercise.

I remember enjoying exercise, but now I feel like I don't care, maybe because I feel that all that effort was wasted when I hurt my back and lost any muscle tone I had gained. Also, I have lost more weight and inches more quickly since I STOPPED exercising (I believe it is because the calories it showed I burned when I logged exercise were too high, and I had been eating back too many calories - I don't think I'll EVER eat back all my exercise calories again until I hit maintenance).

I want to FEEL good and LOOK good but I feel so discouraged by that month I couldn't exercise. I wanted to exercise SO badly for the first two weeks I was injured, I was SO frustrated. I think it got me kind of "low" and I am still low :(

Can people remind me of why it is awesome to start doing my weights again? I got some pretty hot abs just by calorie deficit alone. Why should I lift - please remind me! Apparently I knew these answers before. Help! I need someone to help me flip that switch in my brain so I can make the commitment to get back to it seriously.

Thanks in advance!

Voodoo Lady

Replies

• michable
    michable Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    You're low because you're not getting your workout high! A big part of why I workout, run and play squash is to get those feel-good hormones happening - that exercise high. Think about how awesome you feel after exercising - and just do it! You'll be glad you did!

And your efforts will not be wasted. There's no way that you will have lost all the gains you made in a month. I think you will be surprised how fast you will be back to where you were before.
  • CheekyBrah
    Options
    Workout is part of life. Requires time, dedication and pain to see results.
  • irasgirl
    irasgirl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Voodoo Lady;
    I know what you are going through...I am 51years old but apparently my knees are 85!
    Getting into a work out program and then having to stop due to an injury is one of the most frustrating situations... but lets face it exercise not only helps with weight loss it can change the way our bodies look

So... since I am presently sitting on my couch trying to waste time until I have to get ready for work...rather than working out...I will promise you to do some type of work out for 40 minutes today if you will too.

In fact I am getting up right now...no really...I am!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Let me know how you did today and I promise to check in with you and work out each day too!
    Kathy
  • Magemisty
    Magemisty Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    just try to remember how awsome it feels when your sweating and panting, although it is hard exercise feels great especially when your at your peak ! COME ON YOU CAN DO IT. the firs day is usually the hardest but once you start it feels amazing.

i think you just need that one big push to start!

GOOD LUCK :smile:
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Just remember is your abs and core are strong you put less pressure on your back. plus your little one is getting bigger and you need the strength to lift.