Does anyone do polefitness?

Options
I was just wondering if anyone is taking pole fitness classes of is doing pole fitness at home.
If so what do you like about it and how long did it take for you to get enough strengt in your upperbody and core to do the beginner moves?!

I'm thinking about taking classes it looks like a great workout and lots of fun!!

Replies

• JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Hi There,

Yep - did an eight week course a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it!

Does wonders for your confidence and strength - one warning: you will bruise :happy:

Have fun and enjoy!
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I have a pole at home, don't use it much now, but it is tons of fun!!! And yes, you will bruise a lot at first but your body eventually gets used to it. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred to build up some strength and may use the pole for exercise again after that is done.
  • WVprankster
    WVprankster Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I approve of it in theory, though there's little chance of my participation.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    The girls in the strip club have nothing on these ladies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3uA8x53LeI
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I came here for gifs..
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    Bloody hurts my hands whenever I try.
  • MisterDerpington
    Options

Farmer's Walks, Captain of Crush Hand Grippers, and Pullup Deadhangs can be good for building up your grip.
  • shekinah150
    Options
    I pole. I love it. I took off a few months but just signed up to pick it up again. Extremely fun, very empowering....girl power and femme fatale all rolled up in a one hour session. When I stopped I was doing killer(but basic) moves in about 2 weeks, by the end of 6 months(attending 3-4 pole sessions a month, I was ready to go upside down - which was awesome. I'm not sure how long it will take me to get back to where I was but I'll keep all posted{:-)!
  • jpolinisse
    jpolinisse Posts: 149 Member
    Options

You have not been to King of Diamonds.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Takes down names . . .
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I came here for gifs..

Please let it be the walrus one again!
  • emartin17
    emartin17 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Took pole and chair fitness. I was never more fit in my life! You will get "pole-kisses" but they are worth it.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

Farmer's Walks, Captain of Crush Hand Grippers, and Pullup Deadhangs can be good for building up your grip.

My grip's pretty good but it still hurts! I think it's because the force is moving across the hand IYSWIM.
  • just_Jennie1
    Options
    I've never done the polefitness but I have a pole at home and I hired a stripper to teach me moves. It's nice because it's one-on-one and I'm a bit more advanced so I don't have to wait for a class to catch up.

It's a lot of fun and a lot of work. You will need a lot of upper body strength to do inverts and you will get bruises but it's worth it!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Yes, at night and they pay me.
  • MisterDerpington
    Options

My grip's pretty good but it still hurts! I think it's because the force is moving across the hand IYSWIM.

Yeah I get what you mean (despite having to Google IYSWIM lol). I guess just more pole training will get you there.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options

um. she looked like a whale on the beach flopping all over the floor like that. granted, I can't do anything that resembles pole dancing -- so i give her credit for that. but what in the world was all that on the floor?!
  • just_Jennie1
    Options

um. she looked like a whale on the beach flopping all over the floor like that. granted, I can't do anything that resembles pole dancing -- so i give her credit for that. but what in the world was all that on the floor?!

:huh:

Not sure where the whole whale flopping on the beach part was. "All that on the floor" was how you get up from the position she was in after sliding down on the pole that way. Typically you do some sort of floor dancing. Makes it a bit more sexy then just hopping up and yelling "TA-DA!" :laugh:
  • Miiimii
    Miiimii Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    I did some pole dancing lessons and it's really a lot of fun. Of course it's a lot about strenght but it's also about the technic, so you can see improvements very fast. But the others are right, you'll get a lot of bruises on your arms and legs. Once I had an appointment with my doctor after pole dancing and she asked me if I am a victim of domestic abuse. ;-)
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options

It might be a case of too stiff of a grip. Loosen it slightly when sliding up/down the pole. I've got it pretty down pat. I've been practicing since I was 11 or so.