10kg gone in 50 days - thanks MFP!

A big of thanks to MyFitnessPal for helping me lose 10kg in just fifty days.

Two months ago and at the age of 45 I had a bit of a workplace medical and found my BMI at 26 and my cholesterol touching 6 too. With two small children to think of (and my wife too) I decided it was time to get in shape. I started doing just a little jogging at first and within eight weeks have progressively increased to complete more than 10kms!

The real gamechanger was MFP and being able to assess what I was actually taking on board when I was eating has changed my outlook completely. All the bad foods have gone and every day since signing in I have been below target - I have even gone for a run specifically when the count was getting close.

The upshot of it all is that right now I have reduced to 74kg and my BMI is now around 23. I got a call today from the med centre who confirmed that my cholestertol - which I had retested on Satuday - has reduced to 4.6 and the balance of good and bad cholesterol is excellent!

Thanks MFP for helping me - I am already enjoying spreading the word of how powerful a tool MFP can be!

Replies

• congratulations! may you have continued success and a life full of health and happiness with your family you love so much! cheers
  • kkmalay
    kkmalay Posts: 88 Member
    Thats awesome Bunyana, so great that you're cholesterol improved so fast, amazing how well this works! well done and best wishes to you and yours
  • congrats! u are doing it for all of the right reasons!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!