looking more toned for a photo

Options
Hi everybody!

I am in the worst shape of my life (wich still isnt that bad) and im currently at 76kg, im 172. I just started dieting a few days ago to lose some weight but now im gonna have a photoshoot in 6 days and its going to be without a shirt. Im thinking of eating a really low calorie diet and dehydrate night before photoshoot to look more toned. How will this effect my diet when i go back to my normal diet of about 1500 calories and do you have any better tips for looking more toned during the photoshoot? I,m pretty self f conscious so i would be really happy if the pics looked good. BTW im a guy if that makes a diffrence

Replies

• Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    If you wanna look toned you are not supposed to ate low calorie diet, you got it wrong, you should ate low CARB diet. And dehydrate yourself. You can still ate 1500 calories from protein and fat, just no water and carbs.

Also do not do cardio while you are dehydrated and carb depleted. It will flatten out all the muscle you have and if you won't to look as toned as possible you don't want that. Just do strength training, intense strength training also works if you wanna get cardio in. But stay away from general jogging, cycling and that kind of cardilo stuff away while you are dehydrating yourself.

To get best results you should not stop all water and carbs completely day before. What you need to do now is drink at least gallon of water and ate a lot of carbs now, for like day or two, and then slowly start decreasing when there are like 4 days left every day less and less until at the day before you ate no carbs at all and maybe like a half glass of water a day. Make sure you stay away from foods with water as well, ate dry ones. And of course stay away from sodium cos it holds water.

Pump up 20 min before shoot. Do some push ups for chest, take some resistance bands and do some shoulders and biceps, abs etc. Get that blood to muscles so they look bigger. This effect goes away fast so you got around 20 min before it goes away so do a shoot while you pumped. Also, like a hour before you got shoot take a mouthful of simple sugars, like honey maybe. That will make you look even more toned cos it all goes directly to muscles, cos you will be depleted, and fills them up.

And yea, flexing when posing works good as well. It may be hard to flex while looking natural and relaxed so you might wanna practice. ^^
  • EvaStrange
    EvaStrange Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    This may be self-evident, but – posture makes a world of difference. There are a number of instructive videos on youtube for better dance posture. You might find something there which you hadn't thought of before.
    Dancers are among the best-toned people on the planet, but without posture they'd look like nothing much…
  • fushigi1988
    fushigi1988 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
  • andreascjonsson
    andreascjonsson Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    thx for all the help, will follow ainars instructions and if the pics get good i will post them here so you can see result
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,629 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1084976-huge-progress-in-five-minutes?hl=5+minute+transformation

This was a hilarious thread. Pity some of the photos have been taken down.
  • wmstormvet
    Options
    BTW im a guy if that makes a diffrence

That made me laugh!!
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Also, it's kinda obvious but if there will be bright lights, which there usually is at photo shoots, then you might wanna tone yourself. The darker the better. You will be able to see definition waaaaaay better that way. ^^
  • ali4579
    ali4579 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Do some pushups before and other upper body exercises of your choice in the hour or two before the shoot. Always pumps my hubby up to look extra good! Hope you like how your photos turn out :)
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    oooh how exciting! I have some modeling experience so hopefully you can get something out of all the mistakes I made when I first started:) A few easy pointers:

1) hydrate! And not just chugging a gallon of water the morning of. Really pay attention to how much you're drinking for at least a full week before. It makes a big difference in your skin:)

2) keep it low carb/low sodium in the days before hand.

3) posture posture posture. Be aware of what your best angles are and how lighting will affect that. Ask your photographer beforehand at what angles he's intending on putting the main light at.

4) pay attention to your breathing during the shoot. Short breaths allow you to keep your core tight, but on the other hand you don't want to pass out!

5) maybe this is just me being silly but I'll do a short but high intensity bodyweight circuit before bikini shoots haha I'd like to think it makes my core look more toned, but regardless, it gets the endorphins going.

6) get excited! I've got a playlist on my phone for driving to shoots that gets me in the right mindset. Have fun with it:)

Good luck!!
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Uh, Photoshop. Who needs to be toned? :drinker: