holiday booze challenge

Options
Hi! There are a few topics about this but they haven't seen any activity in months, so thought I'd start a new one!

When I started losing weight, I realized that I drank a lot of my calories, and I still tend to do that when I am stressed. Food isn't really my "crutch" during the holidays, all the free drink at parties is! Then cookies and other stuff starts sounding yummy. Like last night, stressful day of finals, had a total of 3 shots of vodka throughout the night mixed with diet soda, noodles sounded AMAZING by bedtime.

I'm not talking about getting smashed, maybe 2-3 glasses of really sweet wine. But 2x a week for a month nocks out 8 hard-cardio sessions, or for me 1 1/2lbs. I'd like to start a group to avoid drinking over the holidays, avoiding those calories as well as how good cookies sound after 2 glasses of wine.

I don't plan on stopping drinking altogether and this isn't an AA thing! Just to have more control over the holidays of ingoing calories.

So no more booze until the ball drops! Anyone else with me?

Replies

• MG_Fit
    MG_Fit Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Man, I thought this was going to go in the other direction :sad:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    7483_411c.gif
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    I'm with ya! I was part of the Oct-sober group on here and not drinking helps keep the weight off. So I'm in! If you start a group, I'd love to join. :smile:
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options

Maybe we should start that challenge! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options

Maybe we should start that challenge! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

> 25 glasses of wine before Christmas! Cheers! * goes to make ticker*
  • Jane2285
    Jane2285 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I too have this issue...BUT in my defense...I like to drink socially and well, Christmas is a such a social month! Especially New Years Eve and with all my friends and family coming into town and going out....well...I don't think it will happen...I'm going to stop drinking as much...in January! Because I have nothing planned until St. Patty's Day and well, I will drink if I want to! LOL:) So...I will join you, in January:)

Megan:)
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options

I'm in for this one! hahaha
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

Me too...I thought it was going in a direction I could be down with. :drinker:
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options

I didn't see the > symbol at first. I was like, only 25 glasses...?
  • foxruddellc1
    foxruddellc1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    OK well for those of you who DO want to do the challenge with me, let's get it started!!! :drinker:
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options

IN for holiday booze challenge, as in with, not without. It will match my eat ice cream everyday challenge nicely. How about Drink Baileys Every Day in December Challenge.
  • crispsandwich
    crispsandwich Posts: 177 Member
    Options

me too lol, was signing up faster than the speed of light!
  • foxruddellc1
    foxruddellc1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    December NO BOOZE challenge has been added!!! I have invited a handful of people, hope you guys get the invites! If not, please look this up! I am so excited to be doing this with you guys!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Hell no. I have to get through Christmas and deal with my mother. But good luck to you! :smile:
  • TLwineguzzler
    TLwineguzzler Posts: 289 Member
    Options

Me too! starting last night :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • chljlleal
    chljlleal Posts: 230 Member
    Options

Me too! starting last night :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

In! :happy: :drinker:
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options

IN for holiday booze challenge, as in with, not without. It will match my eat ice cream everyday challenge nicely. How about Drink Baileys Every Day in December Challenge.

Also in!! I didn't think I could match your ice-cream challenge Cindy but I never thought of doing ti with booze!! I'm starting tonight!
  • DouMc
    DouMc Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    December NO BOOZE challenge has been added!!! I have invited a handful of people, hope you guys get the invites! If not, please look this up! I am so excited to be doing this with you guys!

Also, good luck to the people doing the challenge, all joking aside it will be difficult to get through the holidays without drinking so fair play to you if you manage it.
  • y4k4m4n
    y4k4m4n Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Probably the first think you should cut on if you wanna lose weight.

- Empty calories
    - Leads to poor food choices (who hasn't craved a pizza after a night of drinking ?)
    - Prevents muscle growth and fat loss through some hormonal mechanism I totally forgot about. :D
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options

In.