Subway sandwiches

Options
Hi..I am always curious to know how much calories are there exactly in the subway sandwiches?

In my hospital (where I work), amongst all the Cafeteria food, Mc donald's etc....the only healthy option i can find is Subway. But, am not sure how to log in the calories?

any advice? thanks!

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    subway.com has nurtritional info on all their sammiches
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    actually most (if not all?) subway sandwiches are on this site already. just do a search for one :) if not the subway website has loads of nutritional info on it.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Just go to the subway website. They have all of their nutritional info listed. If the sandwiches are not already in the food database on MFP then you can create your own food and log the calories that way.
  • bbmumma
    bbmumma Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    if you search subway say ham in the database there are records and then subway mayo subway cheese so on and so forth also if you google the restaurants website they often have nutritional info and you can use quick tools to just add the calorie amount to the meal
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what sub you are getting, what bread, condiments, and cheese. For instance, I always get a 6 inch veggie delite (vegetarian). For a 6 inch veggie delite on italian or 9 grain bread with no cheese and no condiments is 280 calories.

It all depends on what sub you are going for! If you are trying to be healthy though, I would look at their sign at the front counter. It tells you what subs are low in fat, low calories, etc. It even tells you what veggies and condiments to use if you are watching fat or calories.

For logging calories, just type in subway ...and whatever sub you get. I know when I type in subway 6 inch veggie delite honey oat it will pop up. I then log in extra if I use mayo or cheese.
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    Options
    I almost always eat the same sandwich from subway so I went to their site, gathered all of the nutritional value for the components I add and created a meal just for me.

Took a bit of work at first, but now adding my sandwich calories, fat, sugars and what not is as easy as checking a box! :-)
  • raymj61
    raymj61 Posts: 142
    Options
    Here's another one

http://calorielab.com/restaurants/subway-au/3013

EDIT: sorry, that's australia. Try this one http://calorielab.com/restaurants/subway/6

About once or twice a week I have to eat on the road because of my job. I always go to subway because of the calories. Lately I've been getting roast beef or turkey on wheat and have been getting out of there around the 300 calorie range if I 86 the cheese

Does anyone know why they discontinued their wraps???? You could have a sandwich for about 200 cals or so on a wrap.
  • rmwilliams0519
    Options
    I built my sandwich today their web site you can add the bread and meat and all the fixings and it will tell you fat and calories. MFP has some on here too.
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    Does anyone know why they discontinued their wraps???? You could have a sandwich for about 200 cals or so on a wrap.

Too healthy for majority of society? I kid, but it's probably actuality -- if they lost more by keeping inventory around that was hardly ordered, they probably discontinued it.
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    6" Turkey Breast on wheat with no cheese = 280 calories. My fave! :D Keeps me full for hours and it's less than 300 cals! Can't beat that! :D
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    It all depends on what sub you are getting, what bread, condiments, and cheese. For instance, I always get a 6 inch veggie delite (vegetarian). For a 6 inch veggie delite on italian or 9 grain bread with no cheese and no condiments is 280 calories.

It all depends on what sub you are going for! If you are trying to be healthy though, I would look at their sign at the front counter. It tells you what subs are low in fat, low calories, etc. It even tells you what veggies and condiments to use if you are watching fat or calories.

For logging calories, just type in subway ...and whatever sub you get. I know when I type in subway 6 inch veggie delite honey oat it will pop up. I then log in extra if I use mayo or cheese.

I love the veggie sandwich! I always picked another one thinking that it couldn't be that filling, but it is! You can even get a footlong and it's still not THAT bad, especially if you take a break between halves! Get it with fat free honey mustard (about 30 calories) and it's so good! i am a cheese fanatic, and forced myself to get it without the splurge of cheese. You know what? Didn't even miss it!
  • JensLogin
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Subway.. I am so guilty. Everyone else is right here.. Subway.com has all of the calories and other nutritional information available. My one caution is the amount of sodium in processed lunch meats. If you are getting the vegetarian there is not issue, but if you are getting any type of lunch meat, just be mindful there is quite a bit of sodium included. If you manage your sodium well for your other meals, it will not be an issue though.

In California they have an Omega 3 Wheat Bread that is absolutely delicious. I've been to a few other states and have eaten at a Subway and they do not have it. It must be a regional thing. But, if you get the chance to try it, I think you'd love it!!
  • deanna324
    deanna324 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The nutrition is on subway.com. I was just looking at it earlier today.