hi, i'm new, do you know/suggest any fat shredding foods?

Options
i'm new but serious in getting healthy and losing weight... =) come join me

Replies

• jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    eat well balanced normal foods and exercise
  • shari253
    shari253 Posts: 202
    Options
    The best approach is to eat a variety of healthy foods and log them here. Get some exercise and log that as well. MFP will tell you how many cals you can eat a day to acheive your goals. Make lots of friends and give/get support. It really does work!
  • beach3303
    Options
    thanks for the tips =)
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I recently learned that grapefruit is the only food that actually increases your metabolism and reduces your insulin, which helps increase your weight loss with your daily workouts. I have since made sure to add it to my diet everyday and I really have noticed more energy and more effective workouts. If you're not a fan of the bitterness, use some stevia to sweeten it... all natural and delish!!
  • luvmakeup4ever
    luvmakeup4ever Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    add lots of fiber to your diet (fiber powder)
    anything Kashi makes works
    eat more protein (meat, chicken, fish)
    eat less bad carbs and more good carbs
    drink Green Tea
    eat citrus fruits as often as possible
    cut out the salt as much as u can
    black beans are WONDERFUL for weight loss
  • SparkleKittie
    Options
    Breakfast: Protien + Complex Carbs [low salt] and complex carbs [piece of whole grain wheat toast, very little butter and organic fruit preserves + an egg on sauteed bell peppers and mushrooms is one of my favorites]. You burn off your high carb foods during the day. Put them at the beginning.

Lunch: Big salad with serving size of your favorite dressing. I love Marie's Creamy Chipotle Ranch. Add lots of vegetables. Pears, raisins, apples, and other fruits also blend well in salads. Add protein if you can. It will keep you energized and burn slower than vegetables. I'm a vegetarian, so I like to use things like extra firm tofu or the Morning Star faux meat products in salads sometimes. Nuts also add protein. Or eat a whole grain wheat sandwich. Or I also like to eat Lean Cuisines because they are so low-cal and they come in perfect serving sizes that are filling and perfect for dieting. They are also quick for when you're on the go or at work. :)

Dinner: Make something you like. You've saved your calories for the end of the day. You're hungry probably. You want something you WANT. LOOK UP YOUR NUTRITION FACTS. The internet is an amazing place full of information! If you're going out to a restaurant and it's a chain restaurant, chances are the nutrition facts are online!

Hope this helped.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • beach3303
    Options
    awesome! thanks you guys! =)
  • ButterflySojourner
    Options
    A little tip: When I am in a snacking mood but can't consume the calories, I like to make a pickle tray for myself. ...I should explain that I'm a huge pickle fan, and usually keep stocked with pickled banana peppers, bread & butter pickles, capers, pickled olives (NOT packed in olive oil), fancy gardienera, and other wonders of the pickle world. I lay out the most beautiful spread and savor each one slowly. It's usually no more than, like, 50 calories.

Also, like MaloneMX said fiber fiber fiber helps. It makes you feel full and keeps things moving in the insides.

I'd like to echo SparkleKitty too. A big salad with whatever veggies and dressing you like is usually not a lot of calories and is totally satisfying!
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Beware: Grapefruit is contraindicated with certain cholesterol-lowering medications. So if you are taking one of these meds, check with your doctor or pharmacist before adding the grapefruit to your diet.