carboholic-- trying to reform

Options
I can do without chocolate, desserts & candy.. but I'm a TOTAL carboholic!!
(crackers, pasta, chips, potatoes, rice, toast, cereal, etc in CRAZY quantities!!)

I workout often:
Mondays for a 1.25 hrs
Tues for an hr
Wed for 2.5 hrs
Thurs for 1.5hrs
(with Fridays off)
& it is NOT uncommon for me to have boxes of crackers or bags of crispy minis in my car to chew on while I drive from work to the gym/pool/etc.

So this week, I started making the DEDICATED effort to decrease my excessive consumption of CARBS (after the realization that I polished off THREE boxes of car-triscuits!!) :(
& to increase my protein intake.

One day in... (after a LATE dinner) I stepped on the scale and found the number was 1.8lbs down.
After seeing the numbers on the scale move in the right direction, I want to stick with it!
(ESPECIALLY at this tricky holiday season time of year)

but I'm hoping for company.
I'm not cutting carbs out (b/c I love them too much), but I'm trying to make healthier snacking & meal choices
namely: more eggs, quinoa and beans instead of crackers/chips, pasta and bread.
(but I repeat: I still eat crackers/chips, pasta & bread!! just NOT in the massive quantities I was partaking before!

anyone else doing the same?
anyone else gone through this before??

Replies

• Christina2189
    Christina2189 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I totally can relate! I can absolutely do without chocolate, desserts, and candy, but I LOVE bread. And I could eat potatoes alone as a meal! Yum!

I'm trying to cut carbs as much as possible but I won't feel guilty for eating something that I'm trying to stay away from. I'm trying to focus my eating in 90-10, so 90% healthy and 10% not so healthy. I think everything in moderation. A sandwich or ice cream once a week is fine, just night five out of seven nights!

I recommend raw almonds to snack on as well. They are somewhat high in calories, but they are on tons of lists about being a good snack that are high fat burning! Also, freezing grapes are a yum snack as well! The last snack thing I do is a nutrigrain bar. It's sweet and also not too bad calorie wise as well!