Christmas Sabotage

Options
masdec7
masdec7 Posts: 166 Member
Who came up with the idea of giving chocolates and candy at Christmas? Really??? Is it really necessary for every other person you know to give you a box of candy or chocolates? I've already started receiving candy gifts. If I get as much candy as last year, I'll have enough to last through March! That is if I eat only one piece five days a week.

As if losing weight isn't hard enough, lets give you your favorite candy in abundance. I'll admit to being greedy here as I would rather not "share" my chocolate wealth so to speak. (Note: I had a bucket of Halloween candy once that lasted an entire year!)

Anyone else with this problem?

Replies

• bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Re-gift it.

Just because someone gives it to you doesn't mean you have to ingest it.
  • sleepyotter
    sleepyotter Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Last year I found an orange in my stocking. I was taken aback, because you really don't expect fruits as a holiday treat--even if it's an awesome idea, it's just not done. You're thinking to yourself, "Look at all this chocolate, this is so tasty and bad for me. Ooh, there's minty ones, too, and some truffles--what the hell, what's an orange doing in here?"
  • jodiehong
    jodiehong Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I agree! Re-gift it or donate it to local food pantry! :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Last year I found an orange in my stocking. I was taken aback, because you really don't expect fruits as a holiday treat--even if it's an awesome idea, it's just not done. You're thinking to yourself, "Look at all this chocolate, this is so tasty and bad for me. Ooh, there's minty ones, too, and some truffles--what the hell, what's an orange doing in here?"

I would probably offer sexual favors to anyone who gave me a case of figs for christmas.
  • Keiras_Mom
    Keiras_Mom Posts: 844 Member
    Options

I would probably offer sexual favors to anyone who gave me a case of figs for christmas.

After a case of figs, sexual favors might be icky.
  • PapaverSomniferum
    PapaverSomniferum Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options

oranges and brazil nuts in your stocking is a tradition around here...

always had oranges in my stockings growing up
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    You don't roll around in them, you savor them, over weeks, raw, dried, stewed with lamb.

Oooo, imagine dried fig chips with a little bacon marmalade on top.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options

:blushing:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I myself am hoping to get some of those seashell-shaped chocolates :heart:
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Everyone always gives me crappy chocolate. I give to my hubby to put out on his desk at work for everyone to eat. I'm a chocolate snob. I only want the good stuff :)
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Ha ha.......take a day, eat whatever you want. FTW.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that problem. I always have to make my own Christmas candy.
  • Vex3521
    Vex3521 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I would just regift or put it out at the office or for company. That said we tote a tin of homemade peppermint bark to hosts at holiday parties and usually it's set right out with the spread so I think that's pretty acceptable in this case =)
  • BeanCounter3
    BeanCounter3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    guilty.....I'm usually the one giving out the sweets I make, lol....to get them out of my house so I don't eat them all.