What was your favorite childhood toy?

Options

Replies

• The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I could rock some Capsela or K'nex.
    And Construx! I couldn't remember the name of them, but I rocked the crap out of Construx.

tumblr_liquxzX5yJ1qclv8j.jpg
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I had this blue bear with a music box inside given to me by my great grandma. That bear went everywhere with me probably longer than it should have growing up. But a couple years back I was moving boxes out of the old moms house and found out that she saved him. Spent a good deal of cash getting him cleaned and music box inside if him working again.

Now my son can't nap/sleep/go anywhere without the blue bear. Feels good to see him with it.

Saw this posted one day and reminds me so much of the situation.

a3dfd5b7a016cbcc950e37c90e2a80ac.jpg
  • Ailbe1
    Ailbe1 Posts: 164
    Options
    I had this blue bear with a music box inside given to me by my great grandma. That bear went everywhere with me probably longer than it should have growing up. But a couple years back I was moving boxes out of the old moms house and found out that she saved him. Spent a good deal of cash getting him cleaned and music box inside if him working again.

Now my son can't nap/sleep/go anywhere without the blue bear. Feels good to see him with it.

Saw this posted one day and reminds me so much of the situation.

a3dfd5b7a016cbcc950e37c90e2a80ac.jpg

Aw, I love this!
  • mmedjjon
    mmedjjon Posts: 511
    Options
    legos
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    GI Joes. :D
  • heymirth
    heymirth Posts: 448
    Options
    My Green Machine
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Anything Barbie
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    640px-Turbo_bumble_bee.jpg

SNES-FinalFantasyIII-complete-06_zps172e216c.jpg **Actually own 6 copies of the game i've acquired from a kid

omg_pogs.jpg
  • Ailbe1
    Options
    640px-Turbo_bumble_bee.jpg

SNES-FinalFantasyIII-complete-06_zps172e216c.jpg **Actually own 6 copies of the game i've acquired from a kid

omg_pogs.jpg

Sooo...you're a hoarder???
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Stretch Armstrong followed up closely in 2nd by a wind up Evil Kneivel
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options

The entire purpose behind POGS was to hoard the **** out of cardboard colorful cut-outs.

The video game I bought from stores that were closing around when GameStop came around....kudos to me since I bought them each for $5 and they are currently selling on eBay for $50 per game without the case and around $120 plus for them with the box. Investment HOOOOOOOO
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    Lego
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Barbie. So I could chop all their hair off and paint their faces with pens into something completely unrecognizable.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I just had a conversation with my brother about what his kids wanted for Christmas this year. The kids are between 7 and 12 and they all want some sort of electronic device. It got me thinking about the toys I really loved when I was young, and my Lite-Brite has to be at the top of that list. What was yours?

my bb gun.
  • Ailbe1
    Options

The entire purpose behind POGS was to hoard the **** out of cardboard colorful cut-outs.

The video game I bought from stores that were closing around when GameStop came around....kudos to me since I bought them each for $5 and they are currently selling on eBay for $50 per game without the case and around $120 plus for them with the box. Investment HOOOOOOOO

Now you can sell your games and buy more POGS!
  • NeonHeartz444
    Options
    Not a toy, but a book.
  • Ailbe1
    Options
    Not a toy, but a book.

What was your favorite book? My aunt bought me the entire Nancy Drew collection when I was about 7 or 8 I think.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options

omg_pogs.jpg

Holy pogs batman! I forgot about those things. I was obsessed with them in 7th grade. Then some scrawny kid stole mine. My friend was holding them and he pushed her down, so I beat him up lol I didn't play with pogs much after that. He killed the fun for me.

When I was younger though I much preferred trees or the canal behind my house. The ocean, my bike. Anything to be outside for hours on end.
  • AprilMae1975
    Options
    My Strawberry Shortcake dolls.I still have 2 or 3 but I wish I would have saved them all :frown:
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    After watching toy soldiers ALL my toys were my favourite. I made sure to treat them all very nicely, equal opportunities for play time and cuddles.

But if I had to pick my barbies were my all time fave.