bootcamp

Options
Hello,

Although I'm not new to working out and trying to get those baby lbs off, I am new to this site.

I'm not sure how to log an hour long intense bootcamp that I am doing at the YMCA ..It's called the Bikini Bootcamp and consists of cardio, lifting and other awesome techniques to shred my pounds.

I'd appreciate any advice on how to log it!

thanks!

Beth

Replies

• shipleyak
    shipleyak Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have seen people doing this at my Y. Its hard to tell you what you burn doing stuf like that. Everyone's body is different and in different levels of fitness. Best way is to get a HRM that could at least estimate what your burning. I got one at walmart for less than $30. I will tell you I just did Billy Blank's Bootcamp (which is probably the same intensity level) and burned 602 in 40 minutes. Only thing is my heart rate gets really high at times. Hope that helps. Just remember its a guessing game so kinda check out other exercises that are similar and take a wild guess.
  • ButterflySojourner
    Options
    Hey Beth, I'm also new to the site. (This is Day 6 of MFP for me!) I did a really intense boot-camp-type workout the other day, and I had trouble figuring out how to log it. I would up using a combo of Cardiovascular and Strength.

For your boot camp, maybe you could use the cardio "Aerobics - high impact" category and log your minutes of that (how many minutes out of the hour you were doing cardio stuff). For the strength training, you might want to create your own categories. I found the existing ones too limiting and made categories for "Core Muscle Workout," "Upper Body Workout," and "Gluteal Workout." Since I also was doing martial arts, I made a category for "Martial Arts Kicks."

Just a suggestion :) Good luck with your boot camp!!! Sounds super fun.
  • darcy1973
    Options
    I do a bootcamp too, three times a week for 45 minute sessions and am burning those Lbs !! I log it under circuit training as its so many different types of excercise, lunges, squats, push ups, running, jumping rope, boxing, burpees !!! I think thats the nearest one listed ! :smile:
  • bethli
    bethli Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Good luck to you too!