My first sprint triathlon tomorrow morning

Options
Tomorrow is the day! My first sprint tri. I am confident that I can finish and have done pretty good in my training over the last 2 months. But I am soooo nervous. Everytime I think about it, I get tons of butterflies in my stomac. Hopefully that works to my advantage tomorrow and doesn't make me sick instead. I'm not expecting to be first by any means but I really am hoping that I am not last. :ohwell: I'm going to bed early tonight, a great breakfast planned for the morning and I have my homemade energy bar ready to take during the race. I'm very excited to be able to say that I have done a triathlon! Any advice from those who have already done one?

Replies

• Hermit4Hire
    Options
    Have fun. I never did a sprint until this year. On Sunday, I am doing my 5th in the last 3 months. If my lazy-*kitten* can you do it, anybody can.

My advice is to remember to stay calm when you get in the water. Nothing worse than your nerves and adrenaline making you hyperventilate before you pass the first buoy and then wonder how you can finish this thing.

It's sounds like you have the rest of it figured out -- try to sleep, try to fuel (and fuel somepoint during the race--energy bar might be little heavy, but if you've tried it in training, I wouldn't change it--I use gels which don't sit so hard in my stomach).

Good luck!
  • nicolee516
    nicolee516 Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    OHHHH how exciting! I remember my first tri! I do believe I cried over the finish line! Just remember to enjoy every minute of it! You worked hard to get there! Relax, and know you are going to do the best you possibly can. Is it an open water swim? Remember to put your goggles on underneath your swim cap. Meaning, goggles on and then put on your swim cap. that way if by chance they would get knocked off, they are still on your head and not lost. Take your transitions easy, make sure you have everything you need right there. some people put their stuff in a bucket so they can sit on the bucket to dry off their feet and put their shoes on.....

I will stop there...I don't want ot stress you out for things you already know...Good luck and HAVE FUN!!!:flowerforyou: