Embarrasing clean out

Options
coolraul07
coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
What's the oldest, wackiest, weirdest, or most embarrassing thing you ever cleaned out of your house?

Recent:
A couple days ago I found a Windows 3.1 book and Toshiba laptop that were almost 20 years old. Fortunately, my county has an electronics recycling fair this weekend and this oughta be good for a laugh.

All-time:
As a teen, I was cleaning my disaster of a bedroom and found a rotten banana peel and an orange (I think) ... on the corner of my desk! They were so old, they were petrified and didn't stink at all. My mom and my best friend were in my room at the time... their faces were priceless and I'm sure I was beet red!

Replies

• beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Well, this is about my car, not my house. But I left a watermelon in my backseat for 3 weeks and didn't realize it, because there was a pile of clothes on top of it. It smelled so bad.
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    A Christmas present that didn't get given to the recipient one year that I found a year later in the Christmas Ornaments Box.
  • robjenga
    robjenga Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    An ex. She stayed for WAY too long...
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    My mom came to visit me once and cooked this amazing dinner. I put it in a Tupperware container in the fridge. About 6 months later she came to visit again and asked me what was in the tupperware.
    I was like 'oh god just throw the whole thing away'.

Clearly I'm not domestic.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    The closet.
    Some things in there that NO ONE should have in a home, let's just put it that way.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    In high school, I was helping the guy I dating clean up his room (at my urging because it bothered me and it's the only place we hung out in his house because it was the cleanest part of the house...)

I found his ex-gf's black panties...
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    An ex. She stayed for WAY too long...

:laugh:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
    Options
    when my cousin/aunt moved out of their house he had a cat that pooped underneath his bed like 7 years prior and he poured pouporri instead of cleaning it up at that time.

He'd never cleaned under his bed before moving and the evidence was still under his bed...
  • _crafty_
    _crafty_ Posts: 1,682 Member
    Options
    when my cousin/aunt moved out of their house he had a cat that pooped underneath his bed like 7 years prior and he poured pouporri instead of cleaning it up at that time.

He'd never cleaned under his bed before moving and the evidence was still under his bed...

Reason #84 for NOT having a cat
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    my ex husband and I went on vacation (10 day cruise) and we got back to the most awful stank in the house....

In the microwave was a package of chicken I had taken out of the freezer for dinner at least 4 days before we left for vacation.

He had to toss the entire microwave it stunk so freaking bad.
  • fattofit84
    Options
    Once left chicken i got at the grocery store in the trunk for like 3 days in 90 degree heat,,,,,,,my car smelled like something died i don't recommend this......