Hello

windian
windian Posts: 20 Member
edited September 18 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone! It’s ME! I just had lap band surgery last week and have lost 10 pounds in 10 days. I found this site and I just knew that it could help me control my calories. The problem with a lap band is that when solid foods do not go down, soft foods do, which usually contain more calories, That is where My Fitness Pal comes into play. Right now, I am on puddings, soups, and pureed foods. Surprisingly enough, it is very easy to down more calories on soft foods. My Fitness Pal goal is 1260 calories per day, but my intellectual goal is 1000 calories per day. I am eating about 800 calories per day right now, but I cannot wait to reach a point where I can eat solid foods and watch my diet through My Fitness Pal.

Replies

• windian
    Hi everyone! It’s ME! I just had lap band surgery last week and have lost 10 pounds in 10 days. I found this site and I just knew that it could help me control my calories. The problem with a lap band is that when solid foods do not go down, soft foods do, which usually contain more calories, That is where My Fitness Pal comes into play. Right now, I am on puddings, soups, and pureed foods. Surprisingly enough, it is very easy to down more calories on soft foods. My Fitness Pal goal is 1260 calories per day, but my intellectual goal is 1000 calories per day. I am eating about 800 calories per day right now, but I cannot wait to reach a point where I can eat solid foods and watch my diet through My Fitness Pal.
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: One question: how come you will be eating less than what is recommended? Did your doctor recommend that or you decided to eat about 800 calories? That is not enough. Take care!!
  • windian
    Right now, I have no choice, until the band heals and adheres properly in place. The band only controls the amount of food that I will be able to take in. I will be on my own as to which foods and diet I follow. I know that Weight Watchers has a good plan with 1000 calories per day, so that is what I want to follow when I progress to solid foods. The fitness pal came up with the 1270 per day goal and that is what I want to make my limit. So, 1000 to 1260 per day is my goal!
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Welcome and good luck to you.
    You can take in calories without taking in large amounts of food.
    Take in higher calories foods. (But healthy one)
  • don't put yourself into starvation mode....I'm really good at that. every woman needs to at LEAST get 1200 calories... any less and the weight won't come off because your body will want to save everything that you put in.
This discussion has been closed.