I still cant lose weight :(

Options
I go to the gym every saturday and sunday from 10 am - 12 pm : 2 hours.

I lose about 500 - 700 calories per exercise each saturday and sunday. However, I throughout the week I eat a lot of junk food and I have not lost any weight at all! It really ANNOYS me!

I am currently trying to lose at least 3 pounds by the end of this year, which is under 4 weeks. I think that is reasonable and healthy. But to be honest, I am not motivated enough. Can someone give me really beneficial tips and advice on how to lose 3 pounds in 4 weeks.

Replies

• Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Are you annoyed because you have not lost any weight or because you eat junk during the week? Exercising on the weekend is great, but it is hard to create a calorie deficit only by increasing exercise. You need to create a calorie deficit of about 400-500 calories per day (2800-3500 per week) to meet your goal of 3 pounds lost by end of year. You have increased your burn by 1,000-1,400 per week, so you need to either (a) double or more your incremental burn, or (b) eat fewer calories. Or both... When eating the junk during the week, you might want to think about how hard you have to work out to overcome those calories to help the motivation factor. I wish you success!
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    How many calories do you eat per day? Two days of exercise can easily be overcome by 5 days of eating a calorie surplus.
  • lyzmorrison
    lyzmorrison Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    There's no big secret to losing the weight...it's simply diet and exercise. Knock off the junk food. Make smart food choices. Utilize MFP and abide by your calorie goals. Then exercise regularly. If you do that then you will lose the weight. Think "hard work and denial". Period.

But none of that will work unless you are just sick to death of your current weight. When you are really and truly sick of it, then you won't eat the junk food b/c skipping the junk food will be WORTH IT to you. Until then, it will be start, stop, start, stop...You have to just be absolutely sick of the extra weight and be willing to do the work.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    You have to have a caloric deficit to lose weight. Use the MFP calculator and buy yourself a scale. Start logging. Whether or not you exercise more is up to you. It is beneficial, but not necessary to lose weight.
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Are you logging your food accurately and consistently? Do you weight and measure and check that the listings are accurate?

You can still lose weight eating junk food but you might feel a bit better if you ate more nutritional food. Go through your recipe books, plan meals for the week (I mean ALL meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks) and have a plan and dedicate yourself to sticking to it.

And ultimately...tough love here...you either want it bad enough, or you don't
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    You got some pretty good answers the last time you posted this exact topic. I'd go back and read them.
  • MrBroadway2006
    Options
    Stop eating so much junk food. Don't even bring junk food into the house. Snack on fruits and other less fattening foods.
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I call TROLL

OP wrote almost the same post several weeks ago:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1137609-i-cant-lose-my-weight
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    sigh
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    But to be honest, I am not motivated enough.

I think I see your problem.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    I call TROLL

OP wrote almost the same post several weeks ago:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1137609-i-cant-lose-my-weight

Yep.
  • leejihyesarah
    Options
    Hi! I have a question! To lose weight, is CALORIE DEFICIT the only thing that matters? I just have a lot of flabs around my belly and thighs to loose. Other sources kept telling me to count carbs and protein and other macronutrient but does this all really matter if I am counting calories to stay under daily? Please help!!
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a question! To lose weight, is CALORIE DEFICIT the only thing that matters? I just have a lot of flabs around my belly and thighs to loose. Other sources kept telling me to count carbs and protein and other macronutrient but does this all really matter if I am counting calories to stay under daily? Please help!!

Your macros also count if you want to lose it in a healthy manner and preserve as much lean body mass as possible. Follow the macros that MFP set up for you. Lots of folks over ride the protein macro and set it 1 g/lb of LBM, because the protein allotment MFP sets is pretty low.
  • leejihyesarah
    Options
    Thank you for responding! But even if i dont pay attention to macro nutrients, as long as i stay under in calories i will lose fat all the same?
  • GymTennis
    GymTennis Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Here, I'll give a proven and pretty sound piece of advice to you to lose weight, for free!!!!!.. It's a kind of secret so please don't tell anybody, promise?.. Here it is... STOP FREAKIN' EATING LIKE THERE'S NO TOMORROW!!! Just eat your projected calories or otherwise watch Dr. Oz in hope some secret ingredient or some magic pill trick will hep you!!!
  • coachmike24fit
    coachmike24fit Posts: 18 Member
    Options

No it isn't the only thing that matters, the ratio to carb, protein, fat and your basil metabolic rate matter. This is where you will get the results you desire. If you train consistently with any real expenditures then this would need to be factored in as well. First you need to find out what your daily calorie intake should be. Then from that establish the percentages for macronutrients, that support your objectives. Also look at hydration and fiber intake..both are crucial for overall general health.