When did yall first see your collarbone?

Options

Replies

• missyjane824
    missyjane824 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Probably around 30% bf. I'm super short but they became noticeable around 150 lbs. I seem to be losing from the top down so will be excited when/if I see my hip bones.
  • turtleball
    turtleball Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    like 98 I think and i'm 5 ft
  • mllev87
    mllev87 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm never able to see my collar bones unless I push my shoulders to the front. I'm 5 ft 9 and even when I weighed around 110, they didn't really show. It's a shame, collar bones are very pretty!
  • alechua
    alechua Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3 at 120lbs I can visibly see my collarbone already
    My Starting weight was 156lbs
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    It was visible when I was heaviest weight of 335 lbs
  • Beckaroo94
    Options
    I've always been able o see mine. Maybe some are more prominant than others?
  • Eleonora91
    Eleonora91 Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I never thought I really had collarbones down there to be honest (no not really) but they actually showed up just recently, when I got under 70 kgs I guess? They're not very prominent but considering most of my body fat is on my thighs and bum I don't really look very overweight on my upper body... my cousin weighs probably 10 kgs more than me and she's always had them prominent. You can vaguely see my ribcage either even if I'm still overweight! I think it depends on the shape of your bones. I have a small frame compared to my weight, but I'd say a medium frame overall (except wrists... if it counts)
  • Dch2272
    Dch2272 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and realize I could see them at 195 lbs.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    Depends on how you're built. Don't focus on such irrelevant things. ;)
  • linzchapates
    Options
    This was a major NSV for me too, its not strange or weird and just because other people dismiss it as "irrelevant" doesn't mean it doesn't mean something to you!
    I started seeing mine again around the 190 mark, when I am in the 140-160 lbs range I can always see it. anything over 195 it disappears for me. Way to go... great job on all your hard work!
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest (203 lbs), I could see 'the dip' above the collarbones, but they started to emerge at 196 lbs when I leaned forward. I have a large build, and at my heaviest, my body fat was 26%.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Heavy landing after crashing my bicycle - weight and bodyfat weren't really factors, not sticking out a hand to break my fall would have made a bigger difference!
  • misscem94
    misscem94 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    They're not very prominent but considering most of my body fat is on my thighs and bum I don't really look very overweight on my upper body...

This is me too! I didn't put that much weight on upstairs, but tummy, thighs and bum were the worst.
  • mscrystallee
    mscrystallee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think this is a poor indicator of weight loss, just saying. I am pear shaped, larger thighs and butt, I have always been able to see my collarbone even at my heaviest around 250
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :huh:
  • livesmith
    Options
    I'm not exactly sure, but this bring up the same feeling I've been having lately. 5'9", 195lbs maybe 30%bf and around maybe 210lbs (started losing at a little over 250lbs) I started seeing more definition. It is SUCH a weird feeling from someone who is 37 and I NEVER remember being not fat. But... I think collar bone may be one. I definitely notice the bottom of my rib cage and just laying in bed and feeling... a hip bone... and then an INDENT before getting to my rib cage... SO WEIRD! (:
    My wife and female co-workers also tell me my butt has disappeared and I'm noticing my upper arm muscles showing more as well.
    Still very surreal to me.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    I've always been able to see my collarbones. Hipbones, not until I got below 150. That was more exciting to me.
  • lauraspberry
    lauraspberry Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    It depends on the structure of a person really. Mine is always visible even on my heaviest so it took me a long time before I started my weightloss journey.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    it's one of those genetics things, like the guy V. i've always had it, even when i was heavier. my brother on the other hand has calves the size of footballs, and i've got my chicken legs.
  • lovemuffin6
    Options
    I broke one of mine so you can see it clearly even at 30% body fat (and its a weird shape), I'm now at around 26% and the normal one is slightly visible in certain positions!