I'm going to do it

Options
So I made chocolate chip cookies for the kids after dinner tonight and I'm going to have 3 with some milk and call it good. I don't have the calories but I no if I don't cave into my craving now it will cause a huge binge around 10 pm! So a little splurge is going to prevent a huge binge !

Replies

• karlospiklington
    karlospiklington Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Just make it up tomorrow and enjoy the cookies now!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    It is always your decision and control. Just be as happy tomorrow as you are tonight with your choice.
  • SpartanKatieMM
    Options
    Chocolate chip cookies are like my kryptonite, so I completely understand this post. Good for you for coming up with a game plan and trying to prevent a binge (which can happen easily with fresh chocolate chip cookies)! I also often try to off-set treats that I give myself by putting in a little extra time at the gym or doing a quick workout video from YouTube or Blogilates at home before or after. Even 10 minutes of exercise makes me feel better about allowing myself the treat.

Enjoy! :)
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your daily calories.. then no sweat. I would still find a way to log it, even if it isn't 100% accurate. Most cookies I've seen (like break and bake) are like 150-200 calories per cookie. 3 cookies and milk could potentially be a 600 calorie snack. Again, totally fine if you have 600 calories to spare today. Just something to keep in mind for next time. let yourself indulge, but only if you log it and have the macros to do so.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a good plan! It's better to have control and make a conscious choice to spend some extra calories than it is to feel deprived and lose control later. Those three cookies won't set you back in the long run. Log it to the best of your ability and enjoy your cookies. Sometimes you just have to splurge a little. :smile: