Night Weight Vs Morning Weight

Options
Hello MFP Friends….Quick question. I drink a lot of fluid, but my weight swing from night to morning is drastic. I gained back 45 of 65 lbs and I am back on track to get back to 185. I weigh myself at night and I am 228 and in the morning 222. That is a 5 lb swing. Do any of you have the same water weight transfer??

Replies

• wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I usually lose about 2 lbs overnight.
  • GGut
    GGut Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have a similar swing... I just try to weigh myself at the same time every day to keep in consistent.
  • redversustheblue
    redversustheblue Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I consistently weigh 2lbs more at night than I did in the morning. I've gotten used to it by now, it's almost never varies unless I eat something huge and particularly unhealthy.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    you may be overthinking this
  • estey89
    estey89 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Morning time for me i'm 151/152 at night i can be up to 155.
  • suprzonic
    suprzonic Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hi - I think it's normal.

I had to look at my "bump" topics to find the link - http://www.healthdiscovery.net/articles/scale_lies.htm

"Another factor that can influence the scale is glycogen. Think of glycogen as a fuel tank full of stored carbohydrate. Some glycogen is stored in the liver and some is stored the muscles themselves. This energy reserve weighs more than a pound and it's packaged with 3-4 pounds of water when it's stored. Your glycogen supply will shrink during the day if you fail to take in enough carbohydrates. As the glycogen supply shrinks you will experience a small imperceptible increase in appetite and your body will restore this fuel reserve along with it's associated water. It's normal to experience glycogen and water weight shifts of up to 2 pounds per day even with no changes in your calorie intake or activity level. These fluctuations have nothing to do with fat loss, although they can make for some unnecessarily dramatic weigh-ins if you're prone to obsessing over the number on the scale."
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I weigh 115 in the morning, almost always, and 118-119 at night.
    Totally normal.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I know I weigh more in the night than in the morning but have never checked to see just how much? I'll try it tonight I'll weigh and then again in the morning. Usually I like to remain consistent in the morning for accurate readings but now I'm curious. Plus I've been feeling kinda down and could use the boost of WTG's on my newsfeed. LOL.
  • 100toloose
    100toloose Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I always check as soon as I wake up,instead of night. I weight much less too.
  • gk03ub
    gk03ub Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I always weigh in the morning as my "true weight". Its normal to "gain" a few pounds during the day, especially if you drink a lot of water.
  • Lifelink
    Lifelink Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Water and poop. Totally normal.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. I fluctuate 3-5 lbs from morning till night.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Totally normal. Don't worry about weighing in at night -- you're just over complicating it and over thinking it. Weigh in either every day at the same time or every week on the same day at the same time and go on from there. I usually weigh in first thing in the AM, without clothes, right after the restroom.