Healthy Chocolate substitute?

Options
13»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options

The fact that this even exists breaks my heart. Real chocolate is full of flavor, antioxidants, and delicious, healthy fat. Eat fat chocolate, y'all. Ditch the skinny chocolate.
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    I personal don't see a need to replace chocolate, I would much rather fit it into my day.. Nothing better than a bowl of Cashews and Milk Chocolate chip kisses for an afternoon snack.... Best of Luck

i can top that.

salty room temperature peanuts mixed with frozen m&m's.

it's the right combination of tastes and textures.
  • skamnorth
    Options
    I buy these 70% cocoa chocolate in little squares packs that each are about 30 grams. Melt that in a cup in the microwave, drizzle over favorite fruit/berries.

The chocolate taste last so much longer that way, and the sweetness of the fruit tend to cancel out some of the bitterness of that high % chocolate. And it makes for great slow snacking.
  • CEHayes73
    CEHayes73 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Thank you Guys, so much to go on. I think I will start by buying some good quality dark chocolate and splitting it up into portions, as someone mentioned it is hard to put a bar back down. I will let you know how I get on.

This is the way to go. i hate to 'waste' calories on crappy chocolate. i also sometimes make myself a mocha by adding some unsweetened cocoa & stevia to my coffee.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I personal don't see a need to replace chocolate, I would much rather fit it into my day.. Nothing better than a bowl of Cashews and Milk Chocolate chip kisses for an afternoon snack.... Best of Luck

i can top that.

salty room temperature peanuts mixed with frozen m&m's.

it's the right combination of tastes and textures.

Yummy, that sounds so delicious! Thanks for the idea. :flowerforyou:
  • One_Fur_luck
    Options
    I thought I should stay away from chocolate while dieting.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    There is no substitute for chocolate. Just eat better quality chocolate and less of it.

this

dear god why?

Are you going to avoid chocolate for the rest of your life? learn how to make it work for you and in your life. Don't just write it off for "while you are dieting"
    that's a sure fire way to fail.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

Then you shouldn'ta added me to your FL. It's always the same. Can't resist me.
  • jensiegel39
    jensiegel39 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I like chocolate-filled Nips. They take awhile to eat and are only 35 calories. I'm great with one or two.