Skinny Cow

Options
I have a HUGE sweet-tooth. Especially in the evening. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE ice cream! So I was thrilled to find Skinny Cow single service ice cream cups - only 150 calories each. It feels like at least 2 scoops (reasonable ones) and is the PERFECT amount to tame that sweet tooth. Knowing I have one in the freezer at home keeps me from cracking and buying a candy bar during the day.

Replies

• pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow is so yummy! I didn't know about these single serving cups - had only seen the bars and ice cream sandwiches. Thanks for the info!

If you like sweet treats that are best served cool, get a bag of chocolate (milk or dark, your preference) covered pretzels and stick them in the freezer. I get the Trader Joe's brand, and they're a great little treat when I need a chocolate fix, and having them frozen makes them even yummier for some reason.
  • cakesmooth
    cakesmooth Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    That's great! Good for you for having such great self control! I can't buy skinny cow because I can't stop at just one. I'll finish half or the entire box in one evening. :)
  • misspenny762
    misspenny762 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Skinny Cow is so yummy! I didn't know about these single serving cups - had only seen the bars and ice cream sandwiches. Thanks for the info!

If you like sweet treats that are best served cool, get a bag of chocolate (milk or dark, your preference) covered pretzels and stick them in the freezer. I get the Trader Joe's brand, and they're a great little treat when I need a chocolate fix, and having them frozen makes them even yummier for some reason.

These sound awesome! Do you mind telling me how many calories per serving these are, and how much is in a serving?
  • gabrielled
    gabrielled Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My sons can easily eat a whole box in one night, so I just can't buy them, but I do love Skinny Cow when I can hide them!
  • pink_and_shiny
    pink_and_shiny Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    These sound awesome! Do you mind telling me how many calories per serving these are, and how much is in a serving?

A serving size is 8 pieces, and there's 210 calories in a serving. Do the math, and there's 26 calories in each piece. So just grabbing three or four out of the freezer isn't going to put you completely off track. And they're goooooooood.
  • Jai_
    Jai_ Posts: 4
    Options
    I've never heard of these. They sound yummy. I wonder if they're available in the UK. I haven't had ice cream in soooo long....
  • stringcheeze
    Options
    You might have better luck picking up a non-dairy ice cream such as Rice Dream. Lot less sugar for similar calories.
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love the Dulce Doleche one. I've tried all the flavors and they are all great. Especially when everyone at your house is eating ice cream, you can enduldge a little too and not feel deprived.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow mint truffle bars, oh yeah.
  • Jai_
    Jai_ Posts: 4
    Options
    Aww you're making me jealous, megamom.

I checked the website for my nearest supermarket in the UK. They only seem to have the Skinny Cow hot chocolate. I intend to try this but I'll have to search further for their ice cream.

Thanks for suggesting Rice Dream, stringcheeze. I only found their milk listed but I'll keep an eye out for their ice cream too.

I need to move to America. You guys have all the best foods.