The boots that used to make me sad...

Options
lisalynn35
lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
Okay, this past winter I bought a pair of very expensive, knee high, Timberland boots because I thought they were wide calf boots, they were not. I had ordered them on-line and the cost to ship them back was more than I was willing to spend and besides I was losing weight so I thought they might fit by this winter. I don't know what prompted me to try them on but I did and they totally zipped all the way up! I'm not saying they aren't tight, I'm certainly not wearing them with a skirt any time soon but they zipped ALL THE WAY UP! Oh my G-d! That's just nuts, I couldn't even zip them up past my ankle when I first got them.

I just had to share that. Gotta get to the gym!

Replies

• Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    First, congrats on the 110 lbs! Awesome!

Second, AWESOME on the boots!!!!! Inspires me- I want sexy, tall boots, but first I need to get rid of my football player calves!

Congrats on your achievements!
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    Wonderful news Lisa!!!! It is not winter yet, so I bet when winter gets here they will not even be tight! Keep on truckin!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • jeanineadele
    Options
    That is so great. Remember leather boots will stretch a little as you wear them.
  • kerrymh
    kerrymh Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Whoot Lisa thats awesome. I never bothered ordering those wideleg boots like that because I used to measure my calves and even the widest boots didn't look like they'd fit. BUT this year I want some...but I'm trying to decide if I wanna reach goal wt before I get some so that I only have to buy one pair...haha or 2 (one black and one brown haha thats my dream).
    We'll see what my fall shopping trip brings. I'm still alittle worried since my calves are very muscular still and I'm worried. BUT for me when I get my knee highs someday thats going to be a BIG BIG deal for me.
    SO congrats girl you rock those boots this fall!
  • suzikelley
    suzikelley Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    That is FANTASTIC!!! I have always had large calves, even when I'm thinner... but I know when I reach my goal weight, I'll be able to wear sexy boots, too!! I can't wait! :happy: But the real reason I'm responding to your post is to congratulate you on your 110 lb. weight loss!! That is AMAZING!!! That's like... biggest loser amazing!!! :bigsmile: Way to go girl! You are well on your way to your goal!! Kudos to you!
  • larson0185
    Options
    Wow! You've come so far and you're still goin' strong! Congratulations!:happy:
  • MzMolly
    MzMolly Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! That is so AWESOME!! You are one impressive lady. I hope you are very proud of yourself.
  • iDreamNEON
    iDreamNEON Posts: 112
    Options
    So when I read your post I thought about a pair of boots I bought last year too. I used to slouch them down to zip them up and the zipper used to etch in my skin but I'd still wear then just because they were cute. I dug them out my closet and they fit!!! Thanx for the inspiration and congrats on your weight loss!!
  • redefiningmyself
    redefiningmyself Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing!!!

I bought knee high boots last winter too and have them shipped. they were extra wide calf as well, and I was so excited to get them in time for Christmas. When the box arrived I pulled them out and tried to get them on. they wouldn't zip much past my ankle. I burst into tears and ran out of the room. (all in front of my mother in law I may add) (I also paid the money for return. I couldn't stand to even look at them after that)

Knee high boots are one thing that I really miss from when I used to be thinner, and I decided today, its going to be one of the big rewards when I am at goal weight. :)

Your story inspires me. :)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I :heart: boots!!!

A couple years ago I bought online a pair of knee high Dansko black leather boots that retailed for $225 but I got for $100 brand new. Unfortunately I did not pay enough attention to the calf measurement and had to send them back. I wish I had kept them now because they were SO cute and I'd probably fit in them now (or at least very soon)!
  • trickyfoxster710
    trickyfoxster710 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    that is great!!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Girl, that's AWESOME!!! :happy:
  • SuzMcH
    SuzMcH Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Ooh I know that feeling. I have 2 pairs of knee high boots that I can't wear. I haven't tried them in a while but I'm pretty sure they won't fit yet.
    Good for you. Now you need to get a nice winter skirt to show them off.
  • lee112780
    lee112780 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    awesome!! I have always huge calves, I get them from my mom! I know what its like...I can never find boots that fit! Congrats on your success!!
  • marymooster
    marymooster Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    congratulations.... milestones are so cool
  • lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I love My Fitness Pals!
  • jodie_t
    jodie_t Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I LOVE those non-scale victories! It's worth keeping a list of them, they keep you going when the scales are being evil :drinker:
  • susiespin
    Options
    Last year I wanted some whellies for a festival I was going too, but couldn't get anything that would fit. Couldn't even get a foot in. lucky it sunny so I didn't need them.
    The other week I was around my thin friends house (see like 120-130lb ish) on my own and I spotted her wellies, I thought I just try them on. They went on a dream. I then saw some zip up boots she had, so inspired by her whellies I put them on too and they zipped up! hurrah
    I recently brought a pair doc Martin 14 holes and was wearing them to this year festival (which was very muddy) only to have a thinner friend than me going, you look so different now your 5 stone lighter (70lb's) and I wish I had your calfs, they are so slim!

37cm calfs and pround!
  • AugustApple
    AugustApple Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's exciting news. I suffer from VLC (very large calves...hehe) and I am happy to hear there is hope for me. Maybe this winter I will finally be able to wear cool zip-up boots!
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I have never worn knee highs due to VLC syndrome lol! Got docs 8 holes , would love 14's but VLC....but timberland knee highs yep they are now on my list of treats for when I get there! Thanks for the heads up, by the way love your tatts, love your story hope you know how good you look in your profile pic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!