3lbs in 1 day!

Options
Hi,

I might get slated for this stupid question but here goes... yesterday i went overboard and ate 2 rolls in bacon and 1 slice of small pizza in addition to a few sweets nicked off the kid :o) Hardly ate in the afternoon tho, and for some reason i have gained 3lbs this yesterday, and yeah i dont normally weigh myself everyday which is a bad thing ... can someone tell me if this is just water, 3lbs of fat would equal 10500 calories yesterday yeah? So i presume its water, just wanted a few opinions.

Thanks

Replies

• roflysst2
    roflysst2 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Water and food weight ( poop :) ).... Just carry on with your healthy eating etc and go back to weighing weekly. It'll disappear soon
  • BranMuffin86
    BranMuffin86 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Some might disagree with me, but I believe that its the sodium from everything you ate which cause water retention. Give it a couple days and the weight will come down.
  • BrianDCarlson
    Options
    Water weight all the way. High sodium really affects me, it's probably that that spiked it for you. You'll have it off in a day or two.
  • nannymarty04
    nannymarty04 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    happen to me too yesterday, i ate at the hosipital, did good, but came home, last night had 3 pc of long john silver batter fried fish, some coleslaw, and one hush puppy, and i weighed in this morning, and put on 2lbs since yesterday, also i have CHF which i retain water, also A-Fib, i have to weigh in every morning which is programmed into my computer, anyway hopefully it's just water weight,
  • sn4k3y
    sn4k3y Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Thanks all ... didnt think i'd put all that on in 1 day .. Thanks for replies
  • Just_Jon
    Just_Jon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Agree with all the others about water caused by extra salt. Remember that 3 pounds is about a liter and a half of water. Not really a lot over the coarse of the day. Easy to get that much extra from salty (but yummy!) pizza.

Remain calm. Life is good. You are doing well. :)