large breasted girls - sports bra recommendations?

Options
2»

Replies

• bahuber5477
    bahuber5477 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Lane Bryant has a line of sports bras now that are very supportive. I love them! You can usually find sales and get them like buy one get one half or something similar.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    3 of them. in the form of two no wire cotton sports bras under a sturdy shelf bra having tank from "run" brand.
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort bras are the best. I wash mine and let them air dry. Not cheap but they hold up and DO THEIR JOB.
  • amykluver
    amykluver Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have 3 BROOKS underwire bras I LOVE LOVE LOVE. I used to play Rugby and would have to wear 2 bras (one to seperate, and the other to constrict), but this bra (which I got at a local running store, does the job of both.

I have heard good things about Moving Comfort, but I love my Brooks!

PS - I have had my Brooks bras for 7 years - they will hold up over time.
  • lindsloses40
    Options
    When I first started running I purchased a VSX sports bra becuase I had coupons for $20 off plus I have a CC there :)

I LOVE THEM!! They're the only bras I wear, but there is a very specific one that I wear. I don't know what it's called BUT I know they have levels of support (minimum, medium, & maximum I believe) and It's a maximum support bra, racer back style, and has the meshy black VSX going down the back of it...

When I started I wore a 38DD bra, but bought the 38D in the sports bra because I wanted it to fit tightly. The bra lasted me about a year and one day I pulled it out of the dryer and it was ripped :(

I needed a new one anyway because as I lost weight my boobs got smaller, now I'm a 36C ... oh the sacrifices we make for our health!!!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I wear a 38DDD and buy mine from Lane Bryant--I have two of their "Sport by Cacique front close" sports bras and while I sincerely hate wearing sports bras with a white hot passion, I can tell you that these are the absolute best I've ever worn.
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    There are a bunch of recommendations here. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/835318-serious-bra-for-serious-boobies

I went with Panache. Love it.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    If only this had been asked 100s of times previously. And if only there was a search function on this site.

Stupid MFP.

Yet you took the time to read the original post and make a response in a thread you think is pointless.. Now that seems really pointless. I'm assuming you don't wear a sports bra when you work out. I don't know.. Maybe you do.. I won't judge. New styles and new brands come out all the time. Women who wear such sports bras would know what is the latest and greatest sports bra.
  • thatonegirlwiththestuff
    Options
    Champion sports bras from Target are awesome. DD here and they offer great support at under $20.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    This one is very good...no double-bra needed. And I have tried every one ever made that costs under $40.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00553XOHI/ref=oh_details_o05_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1
  • bluelena
    bluelena Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I have to second the recommendation for Moving Comfort. I LOVE the Juno bra. Awesome support, no underwire to poke you, and it doesn't give you that sports bra "uniboob" look.

I have a friend that plays soccer and she swears by Enell.
  • lauramblair
    lauramblair Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort ALL the way!!! I was 34H before my mastectomy this summer. They were SO great and kept "the girls" strapped down! The "Juno" model is the best.
  • SelenaBou
    SelenaBou Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just needed to throw in my two cents about my Moving Comfort Bra's!!! I absolutely love them!!! Well worth the $40 or less that you will have to spend on them. Mine are a couple years old and I run or work out three times a week. They are still just as supportive as the day I bought them (or at least almost). Find a running store that carries them and have them do a fitting. They fit a bit different than a regular bra and you may need to go down one size.
  • ashleyShades
    ashleyShades Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I just needed to throw in my two cents about my Moving Comfort Bra's!!! I absolutely love them!!! Well worth the $40 or less that you will have to spend on them. Mine are a couple years old and I run or work out three times a week. They are still just as supportive as the day I bought them (or at least almost). Find a running store that carries them and have them do a fitting. They fit a bit different than a regular bra and you may need to go down one size.

Thank you =)
  • sarah3436
    sarah3436 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just got the VSX bra from Victoria secret and I love it. Before I had to wear a sports bra and 2 tank tops to keep the girls calm lol Now I can just wear this bra and a t-shirt. I am a 34 DD and their sports bra go based on bra size so it's nice. You get a good fit and the one I got is maximum impact. Love it. I have been looking for a good sports bra since high school (6 years ago) and this is the first one I have found to work for me!
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    When I first started running I purchased a VSX sports bra becuase I had coupons for $20 off plus I have a CC there :)

I LOVE THEM!! They're the only bras I wear, but there is a very specific one that I wear. I don't know what it's called BUT I know they have levels of support (minimum, medium, & maximum I believe) and It's a maximum support bra, racer back style, and has the meshy black VSX going down the back of it...

When I started I wore a 38DD bra, but bought the 38D in the sports bra because I wanted it to fit tightly. The bra lasted me about a year and one day I pulled it out of the dryer and it was ripped :(

I needed a new one anyway because as I lost weight my boobs got smaller, now I'm a 36C ... oh the sacrifices we make for our health!!!

Yes, if only the girls would stay this size while I shrink
  • F00LofaT00K
    F00LofaT00K Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I've never had enough money for one that fits me (36DDD) so I usually designate one older bra as my "work out" bra and wear a sports bra over that.... it's not as uncomfortable as it sounds and it holds everything in place without giving me a uni-boob.
  • ashleyShades
    Options
    I wear a 38DDD and buy mine from Lane Bryant--I have two of their "Sport by Cacique front close" sports bras and while I sincerely hate wearing sports bras with a white hot passion, I can tell you that these are the absolute best I've ever worn.

I think I have a gift card there so I'll check them out