Low Carb/High Protein Meals??

Options
Cutting season is here for me and this is the first year I am actually watching/recording my macros-- and it's DAAAAM hard! I'm doing 25 carb - 45 protein - 30 fats and I am constantly going over my carbohydrate intake per day.

I just wanted to get some ideas for what you guys eat on a low carb diet and some good snacks I can eat throughout the day to fill in the calorie gaps. Keep in mind I am Filipino and for all you guys that don't know, it is probably the unhealthiest(but OHH SO GOOD!) food on earth with rice eaten at every meal; so I don't normally eat what my family does and I have to go out and buy my own groceries.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Bacon bacon bacon, with a side of eggs.
    Fish.
    Peanuts
    Yogurt

Word on the Filipino food.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    Well, since you've set your carbs so low, it would be lots easier to just eliminate as many carb-heavy foods as you can. 25% is low.
  • tonynguyen75
    tonynguyen75 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Fill up on those eggs.
  • JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Well, since you've set your carbs so low, it would be lots easier to just eliminate as many carb-heavy foods as you can. 25% is low.

This. I'd limit fruit, eat mostly green, leafy veggies and loads of protein. Bacon and eggs for breakfast, over roasted sweet potatoes if you decide to have some carbs. Chicken or shrimp on a big spinach salad for lunch. Maybe add some boiled eggs or nuts. Really, you can eat whatever, so long as you just eliminate the carb component. My husband is extremely low carb, so at dinner, he eats double of the protein and skips hay carb I might make. So 3 or 4 cheeseburgers, a plate load of meatballs with a cheese sauce, egg casserole and whichever meat I use when we do breakfast for dinner, skipping toast or biscuit (sometimes he'll have a biscuit), etc.
  • karlsantiago
    karlsantiago Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I keep it low for a reason, hence why I need all the ideas I can get. Thanks for the response!
  • bryntevans01
    bryntevans01 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    1x sweet potato, grated (300g)
    3x egg whites, whisked
    You can add spices/herbs/seasoning if you want

Mix these together, spread onto a baking tray thinly, bake for 15 minutes till cooked, cool.
    Cut into squares and use them as tortilla wraps with as much chicken and salad you can find. It's my cutting food hero.
  • karlsantiago
    karlsantiago Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thanks! These are the ideas I'm talking about.....tired of boiled chicken all day everyday.

I will definitely try it out