365 days...what I've learned...

Options
13»

Replies

• I agree that I should do an exercise that I enjoy and I also do Zumba on the side which I love! My very fit and fab friends challenged me 1 year ago to do a 1/2 marathon 13.1 miles in Texas on Novemer 17th. I ran a local 5 mile race in Sept. and out of 1000 people I came in dead last. I was not ready for it but wanted the experience. My friends paid for my air fare from Chicago and marathon fees and I just got back a few
    Days ago. It took me 4.26 hours. It was an amazing day and my friend is flying into town to run in July with me
    They are my own Coaches who are stopping at nothing to make sure I succeed. I am 54 and up to 1 year ago i NEVER exercised, but this is key to me getting off my medications for hypertension and diabetes which is working. This is "the rest of the story".
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your post! You are an inspiration!!
  • lbesaw
    lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Bump-wonderful words of wisdom. :)
  • KirstenBernadette
    Options
    What an awesome post! Thanks :)
  • spring423
    Options
    Great job, thanks for sharing!
  • Rozydreams
    Rozydreams Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! Thanks for sharing your words of wisdom. I find the key to weightloss is almost 100% mental. I think I'll make my own list inspired by yours!! Thanks again!
  • fit4lifemomof4
    fit4lifemomof4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    That is Awesome!
  • kierkeb
    kierkeb Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Just the advice I needed to hear! Thanks for sharing and congrats :)
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Never understood why people run who hate running... just find something you like doing that burns calories and do that instead!!! The psychological benefits of doing something you love are much better than trying to get results and hating it. I quit doing Insanity and starting weightlifting again, seeing great results and I have time for my wife and son :) that is much better than sweating all over my gym, being miserable, not eating enough and not seeing my family!

Because, speaking for myself, there are no exercises that are enjoyable. You might as well do something that will give you great results, and something that your friends are involved in. I have tried everything under the sun, from zumba to aquafit to heavy lifting and I hate them all, but I do them.
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Thanks - great insight!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!