Bump
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,592 Member
    Options
    wrap around carrots and bake mmm
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    http://bacontimewiththehungryhypo.blogspot.com/2011/02/beautiful-bacon-egg-cheese-wreath.html

I enjoy this recipe ( I make it with vegan bacon and cheese)
  • brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Courtesy of Robjenga's BIG MAC Casserole post that I just read!

This recipe was floating around last year around this time. Made it last night...it was pretty delicious. I will post the original...then post what I would do to change it.

Big Mac Casserole

1 cup white onion, chopped small
    5 dill pickle spears, chopped small
    1 1/2 pounds uncooked 96% lean ground beef
    9 slices Borden 2% Singles American Cheese slices
    1 tube reduced-fat crescent roll dough
    1 head iceberg, shredded
    Light Thousand Island dressing to taste (1-2 tbs per serving)

Saute onion and chopped pickles with ground beef. When browned, drain well & spread in 9x13 or 8x11 pan.
    Fit one layer of cheese slices over the meat mixture. Take crescent rolls out of package, unroll the sheet and place on top of the cheese and meat mixture; poke vents for steam.
    Bake at 375 for 17 minutes or until crescent rolls are browned. Serve over a bed of shredded lettuce topped with thousand island dressing for each serving.

Serves 8

Nutrition: Calories 320, Fat 15, Carbs 23, Protein 25, Fiber 1

I found that cooking the pickle with the ground beef took any taste of the pickle away. I just chopped up some pickle and tossed it on the bed of lettuce before putting the casserole on top for serving. Also...if you aren't that big a fan of McDonalds...put some mayo and ketchup in place of the thousand island...and add tomatoes...BAM! A Burger King Whopper Casserole!