Are you a New Years Resolutioner that is still here?...

Options

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I started in January, lost 30, gained that plus 20, and then restarted 99 days ago! :) Next year will be my first year actually starting out already in a plan! So stoked!

Then, we shall call you 99.

DKGIF00Z.jpg

Whoops..... just realized you're 19 years old... you probably don't know who Barbara Feldon is. :wink:
    Love it!!
  • vickydubuis
    vickydubuis Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I am! Cut all soda and started actually eating my veggies & working out exactly on January 1st of last year!!
  • Amestris
    Amestris Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Raises hand. I started in January 2012 and have been able to maintain my weight loss. Time to move onto losing the last bit of it.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    yep still here
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see....

TOPIC: Are you a New Years Resolutioner that quit?...

But, I'm guessing there wouldn't be too many responses.

:blushing:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see....

There was a thread suggesting that new years resolutioners AREN't here. Basically the same thing. cheers.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see....

There was a thread suggesting that new years resolutioners AREN't here. Basically the same thing. cheers.

Yep, just that they can't speak for themselves. :wink:
  • savtoosh
    Options
    Hello, all! I'm new to the site and would just like to say hi and introduce myself.

I'm a blogger and a mom and I would love to lose the baby weight. I think that would be my new year's resolution (and why i was drawn to this thread).

I'm trying to find out what the best fitness plan for me is. I hope to read more of what worked and what didn't for everyone.
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I joined January 2nd 2012. I was told there was to be punch and pie.

There was no punch and pie :sad:

A buddy who knew I had made the resolution told me about MFP and I haven't left.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I actually joined in October of last year but did not get really active till January. I have had some ups and downs but I am still here and still losing.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I am! Started December 26th of last year the day I released from the hospital, almost 1 year and 90 lbs lighter, I am healthier, stronger, and looking forward to another year!
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I originally started in January 2010. I have had a lot of ups and downs (and 2 babies!) since then, and I recommitted in June of this year. But I am happy with my progress and feel that this really is a lifestyle change, not just a resolution.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I am!
    I was determined to lose 15 lbs for my new years resolution. I lost about 60 and still going!!
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Yep.
  • MrsJuli4B
    MrsJuli4B Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    For the first time ever this year, I didn't make a New Years Resolution to diet.

I logged on to MFP on the 6th January after reading a newspaper article which recommended it, I joined a gym on the 7th January (special offer!) and suddenly it all happened and felt right.

And I'm still not dieting.
  • kelso830
    kelso830 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I am! Through MANY ups and downs (literally and figuratively)... I am still here almost 1 year later! Still working on improving myself ,day in and day out. I am VERY proud of the fact that 2013 is/was the ONLY year that I can remember since adulthood that I have LOST weight instead of gaining it! I am very much looking forward to continuing that "downward" trend on into 2014!! :happy:
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Me!!! :)
    Have been consistently working out, restricting cals and losing weight!!!
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Jan 3rd will be 2 years! - always late for everything! :tongue:
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    December 2012 here!

It wasn't a resolution for me, I had already been trying to get myself back in shape since August 2012 (after finishing a few rounds of P.T. for a back/neck injury in 2011). I'm a student, and on winter break I kind of stumbled upon MFP while doing weight lifting research online. I saw several comments on a body building site about what a great tool MFP is to monitor your daily intake (which is something i had not been doing very well...i tried using calorie count but did not really care for it, just wasn't working for me)

So i gave it a go....and was immediately hooked. :smile:
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I'm a resolutioner from 2012. Many unfulfilled NY resolutions in the past, but something just clicked this time. Now I've achieved this, I now have a lot more confidence in achieving other stuff if I put my mind to it. Now I love New Year's resolutions! I made a few this year, and have stuck with them too. If it's important enough (and if you don't go crazy and set too many goals all at once) it's amazing what you can achieve through goal setting. So , yeah... I can't be cynical about the New Year dieters. :smile: