FITBIT equipment

Options
13»

Replies

• ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I have had my fitbit one since February 2013.
    I love it. It does what I want it to do, motivate me to move more. It does not pick up all of the steps I do when I work out on the elliptical (example, this morning the machine said I did 2.7 miles in the first 1/2 hour, fit bit said 1.9 miles). I am ok with that and realize that neither number is probably accurate. I do know that it does good on actual steps taken. I don't care about the calories burned feature. At my age, I am more concerned with moving more, and for that, I am more than pleased. It is the very best motivator that I have. I go out of my way now to take stairs, park farther away at work and on errands. It is perfect for me and I love it! I am sure you will be happy with whatever you get!
  • diana5066
    diana5066 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit one !!!!!! I wear it on my bra from morning to night... and never notice it.... I love it
  • RawCarrots
    RawCarrots Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Cons - 1) very generous on calories burned (I wake up in the morning with 400+ calories burned)
    This is perfectly normal, your body burns calories while you are asleep. I'm currently 150lb and burn approximately 1 cal per minute when asleep, so always have 400+ when I was up. Your fitbit is working correctly :-)
  • NancyN795
    NancyN795 Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One.
    Cons - 1) very generous on calories burned (I wake up in the morning with 400+ calories burned) 2) it is .2 miles off for every mile I walk (I tracked it on a measured walking trail) If anyone knows how to correct this problem - I'd appreciate it!

1) As someone else already mentioned, the 400+ calories when you get up in the morning is due to your Basal Metabolic Rate.

2) Adjust your stride length in the Personal Info section of Settings (on your FitBit account). You should be able to calculate your stride length by using that same measured walking trail. I set mine by counting my steps in a tiled hallway in our house (each tile = 1 foot) but then confirmed it was close enough to correct by walking to the mailbox and back and it gave about the right distance (1/3 mile). The hallway is probably a bit short for an accurate average, but it was the best I had that was convenient.