How did you decide that you were finished...?

Options
I'm 1kg off GW and should get there within a week... Is that the 'done' trigger point? What was yours? I likely will flick to maintenance and just work on tone because I feel 'done' but I'm not sure why.

Combo maybe of being (pretty much) at GW, being thinner, fitter and more healthy than I ever thought possible, nearly up to the 365 days, and the many many people who are beginning to caution me not to 'go too far'.

What did it for you? What made you go 'You know what? This is good' ?

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I have a current GW of 155...I started with a GW of 165...

I am still a bit soft at 164 and want more fat gone.

My trigger will be when my BF% is around 23-24% and I am in a size 6 or 7, I have some ab definition, my butt is 19 again instead of 30 (btw I am 41).

It's funny tho I look in the mirror now and I am happy with where I am but just need some tweaks.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 17lbs more than my initial goal weight, before I said done is done. I like how I look and feel now and my bmi is in the low end of the normal range. Now that I'm done losing weight I'm focusing on successfully maintaining and strength training.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I originally had a goal weight. Since getting into lifting I've become interested in dropping body fat to a certain percentage to do bulking phases and continue to improve my lifts, which I find exciting. I don't think I have a goal weight anymore and I may never be done improving. I think the mirror will be a deciding factor for me.

As far as others comments on it. I've had a few. But, they're used to me being 50 lbs heavier and I think the difference is just a shock to them. If you're healthy and eating right, feel good... that's all that matters. At least, that's my take on it.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I originally had a goal weight. Since getting into lifting I've become interested in dropping body fat to a certain percentage to do bulking phases and continue to improve my lifts, which I find exciting. I don't think I have a goal weight anymore and I may never be done improving. I think the mirror will be a deciding factor for me.

As far as others comments on it. I've had a few. But, they're used to me being 50 lbs heavier and I think the difference is just a shock to them. If you're healthy and eating right, feel good... that's all that matters. At least, that's my take on it.

Yeah I largely thank them for the comments and disregard them, I've lost 29 kg in almost a year and it's a lot, their eyes, like mine, are still adjusting. Next year I'm going to focus on perfecting the thinner body I'm achieved in terms of tone and measurements, so i'll probably look even thinner to them but be the same weight....
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    I had to lose 17lbs more than my initial goal weight, before I said done is done. I like how I look and feel now and my bmi is in the low end of the normal range. Now that I'm done losing weight I'm focusing on successfully maintaining and strength training.

Yeah my initial GW was 55 lb less and I lost about 11 more. Just felt better at the lower one. I'm in the top of BMI but I have good proportions and nice boobs and I don't wanna really lose that so I'm good with the body weight once I'm at new goal, my attention will just turn to making that weight sit better on my frame :)
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't have a good answer because I just dropped my goal weight again. The scale is just a number; what matters is the mirror. I still have some work to do. If I can fix the remaining bulges while adding muscle, I'm fine even if the number doesn't change.
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    My goal weight is really just the top of my acceptable weight range. I'm going to try to casually lose a couple more pounds, eating at a lesser deficit than I was using previously. I'll have a lower limit to that range too, I'm planning on staying in a 5-pound range. If I know I have an indulgence meal planned, I'll try to compensate for it in advance, if I can. For unplanned ones, I'll have to compensate afterward. That sort of thing.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    I am done when I'm 6 feet under.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Good answer lol
  • Siansonea
    Siansonea Posts: 917 Member
    Options

Scuba diver? :tongue:
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    I'm still 1.5kg off my ultimate goal, but I've really been at goal for the last 2 months. If I don't lose the last 1.5kg, it doesn't really matter. I don't weigh myself much anymore - it's just a number on a scale, doesn't really indicate as much as the mirror and clothes do. The scale does not measure sexy!!

For me it was reaching a certain clothing size, or where I looked in the mirror and thought I looked terrific, got comments from everyone "you aren't going to lose more weight are you?" and kicking butt in the weights room. Now I am still concentrating on my physique, working out and I eat at a deficit during the week and have a splurge on the weekends. It seems to be working :)