Fit Bit Newby /// HELP!

Options
So, my partner and I ran out and bought the sleek very Star Trek looking gadget, called the fit bit force. Our goals, tracking our workouts to see how many calories burned, and thought it was cool that it would sync to mfp and show sleep patterns.

After pulling out of the box, first problem, we were on separate computers, trying to sync up at the same time, and am not sure if it is syncing to the correct 'profile'. Anyone else have this issue?

Also, I didnt see that it would REALLY give a calorie counter/heart rate monitor for calculating workouts. Anyone have any tips on this?

Thanks!
Kelfeene

Replies

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    Did you buy two or one? Did you link the device(s) to the Fitbit account(s)? It shouldn't matter which PC you are near, each device should synch to its own account. You can't have two devices linked to one account.

It doesn't work like a HRM and estimate calories for a workout, unless your workout happens to be steps-based like walking, running, dancing, some ellipticals with low resistance. It estimates the calories for the other 23 hours of the day (or all 24 if you're a runner or walker). Cycling, resistance and swimming, you'll want to manually enter to have those calories logged. HRMs don't do well for resistance exercises, either, I hear. Not sure about swimming.