Options

Replies

• nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    Options
    nice

maybe you're pregnant.

Doubtful.

wouldn't be the first time tho would it....
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    "Hi. I'd like to give misleading information and then insult the people that try to help me on the basis of my misleading the incomplete information."

Sweet, I love this game! And I really love this new wrinkle the OP is going with. Usually it's the "SURPRISE MEDICAL CONDITION" that gets sprung on us. I haven't seen the "Y'ALL DON'T KNOW NUTHIN BOUT MY DINNER" approach before.

You're saying this like "SURPRISE MEDICAL CONDITION" is completely out of the question. It could still happen.

Is 'haterz' a medical condition? I'm betting the word 'haterz' comes up soon.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    "Hi. I'd like to give misleading information and then insult the people that try to help me on the basis of my misleading the incomplete information."

Sweet, I love this game! And I really love this new wrinkle the OP is going with. Usually it's the "SURPRISE MEDICAL CONDITION" that gets sprung on us. I haven't seen the "Y'ALL DON'T KNOW NUTHIN BOUT MY DINNER" approach before.

You're saying this like "SURPRISE MEDICAL CONDITION" is completely out of the question. It could still happen.

Is 'haterz' a medical condition? I'm betting the word 'haterz' comes up soon.

Ya'll are just jealous and a bunch of haters.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    EDIT: Because I spelled something wrong and Jof is here.

Am I really that bad???

Ha....rhetorical question.

If only MFP would revise the CG (all hail!) to allow us to comment on spelling and grammar...*sigh*
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options
    What did you have for dinner OP? A banana and two handfuls of nuts? Your diary isn't public so I'm guessing based on your current mood. :wink:

Oh! A guessing game, since the diary is closed and she did not say what her dinner was (other than, "a lot"), and yet is asking for advice about hunger. My guess for dinner: about 500 calories, maybe 550. I'm thinking tonight was chicken taco night. Unless she is veggie, which would change everything (I am actually a fan of tofu tacos, DON'T JUDGE!). Please note that my guess could have been influenced by my own dinner choice: burritos.
  • Otterluv
    Options

Am I really that bad???

Ha...rhetorical question.

If only MFP would revise the CG (all hail!) to allow us to comment on spelling and grammar...*sigh*

FIFY
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Great thread. And great question.

What is hunger?

Hunger is NOT the body screaming for more calories. Your body has enough calories to last for weeks, especially if you are obese.

Hunger is the STOMACH crying out for more food, with a large psychological component as well.

That is WHY diet-only programs all fail.

That is why all exercise programs fail when the participant stops exercising.

Hunger has not been dealt with.

And controlling hunger is the KEY to weight loss, along with being honest with yourself.

How can hunger be controlled?

One way is through forcing yourself to eat small meals. This gradually lets the effective volume of the stomach decrease.

A very effective way is to simply skip breakfast. The stomach not only shrinks, but you get used to the sensation of working with an empty stomach- the psychological adaption aspect.

image.png
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options

What is hunger?

Hunger is NOT the body screaming for more calories. Your body has enough calories to last for weeks, especially if you are obese.

Hunger is the STOMACH crying out for more food, with a large psychological component as well.

And controlling hunger is the KEY to weight loss, along with being honest with yourself.

One way is through forcing yourself to eat small meals. This gradually lets the effective volume of the stomach decrease.

A very effective way is to simply skip breakfast. The stomach not only shrinks, but you get used to the sensation of working with an empty stomach- the psychological adaption aspect.

no, no, no.

I double your no and raise you another no.

Sheesh, if you are hungry eat something.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Am I really that bad???

FIFY

*twitch*
  • colortheworld
    colortheworld Posts: 374 Member
    Options

What is hunger?

no, no, no.

I double your no and raise you another no.

Sheesh, if you are hungry eat something.

All diet only programs fail? I guess the 26 lbs I lost and have kept off only cutting calories was a fail... How disappointing.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options

What is hunger?

LMAO

The stomach SHRINKS! Hilarious. Oh wait, are you serious? You really think your organs change size inside your body without being afflicted with a horrible disease like cancer, or through surgical means? It's so sad how completely ignorant the average human being is about the actual function of their own body...
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I eat plenty of food. Are you in the "eat all your calories at breakfast" cult? I'm not a member.

So what did you eat for dinner?
    Exactly. I am guessing it is time for your last meal of the day:)
  • Otterluv
    Options

Am I really that bad???

FIFY

*twitch*

:flowerforyou:
  • SLLRunner
    Options
    I normally exercise after work but didn't do anything today, not even some light yoga. I've been ravenous all evening. Could it be because I didn't exercise?

No offense intended, but this is like asking why the sky is blue. There really is no reason, it is what it is. In other words, you are hungry because you are hungry.
  • watto1980
    watto1980 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I normally exercise after work but didn't do anything today, not even some light yoga. I've been ravenous all evening. Could it be because I didn't exercise?

No offense intended, but this is like asking why the sky is blue. There really is no reason, it is what it is. In other words, you are hungry because you are hungry.

well there is actually a reason, the sky looks blue because of sunlight reflecting off particles in earths atmosphere
  • suprzonic
    suprzonic Posts: 68 Member
    Options

What is hunger?

This is good :)

With one caveat - the stomach is crying out for food because your hormones tell it to. Feed your hormones properly and they work with you - not against you :) If you eat more nutrient dense things on your non workout days, hormones will be happy - and leptin and ghrelin monster hormones will probably stop whinging for food. Coffee and a couple of bits of fruit aren't going to cut the mustard for you - you're losing weight and healthy - a healthy body needs more nourishment. I been relying on info from http://bailorgroup.com/ and http://www.zoeharcombe.com/the-knowledge/

heaven help me ;)

Best of luck! Hope you show that stomach who's boss :)

My hormones are never happy, mostly horny.
    No advice for OP, cause she'd probably tell me that i don't know how the body works. Even though I'm losing weight while not being hungry.

Ohwell.gif

My leptin and ghrelin hormones are in desperate need of couples therapy then ;)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get hungry. And then I eat food. That usually helps.
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    "Hi. I'd like to give misleading information and then insult the people that try to help me on the basis of my misleading and incomplete information."

this actually made me laff out loud....much to the annoyance of my sleeping husband!!!
  • SLLRunner
    Options

well there is actually a reason, the sky looks blue because of sunlight reflecting off particles in earths atmosphere

Yeah. Thanks. :bigsmile:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get hungry. And then I eat food. That usually helps.

I'm not a member of your food eating cult