New here!

Options
Hello Everyone,

My name is Pragya and I am new to this site. I found it while looking for an app on my phone. I have struggled with weight issues pretty much ever since I was a teenager. I lost a lot of weight a few years ago but managed to put it all back on and some more. I got married 8 months ago, and of course, I put on some more weight. But now I am finally ready to lose the weight. I am hoping to lose about 60-70 lbs, however, I like to set smaller goals for myself, so that I don't get overwhelmed. For now, I am looking to lose 20 lbs. I have read some wonderful things from other users about this site and I am hoping that having the support system here with all of having the same goal will help me!!

Thanks!

Replies

• DKWaggoner
    DKWaggoner Posts: 185
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck on your journey to better health : ):bigsmile:
  • nosipho
    nosipho Posts: 9
    Options
    Welcome!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Hi Pragya

Good luck with your weight loss. I think most of us here are the yo-yo kind, which is why I feel so at home :)

Anna
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am brand new here too! today is my 6th day of logging my food, it has been a huge help to me to see what I am eating! and it has kept me from eating bad stuff because I do not want to add it to my log! lol The support here is wonderful!!
    I also need to lose alot, so small goals are great!! =)
    Stac
  • pragya728
    pragya728 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot everyone! I am so glad I joined this site. You all seem so wonderful! Can't wait to finally lose this weight!