Water!!

iluvwdw
iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I saw Dr.Oz today and he said that drinking water to hydrate your skin is a myth!! He said drinking water will not prevent you from getting wrinkles as you age. He said you have to hydrate from the top down. In other words, moisturize. Not from the inside out.

I take that to mean that this goes for preventing saggy skin while losing weight as well. :cry:

Replies

• NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    I've never heard that, my doctor says moturizing doesn't work. ? I'd be interested in what others say. I'm very worried about the saggy skin issue *meep*
  • You can believe a lot of stories, I drink the water to keep me from being hungry. I do know that when I don't drink my 4 bottles of water my lips and mouth are very dry.
    I have always been told that you are suppose to drink half your body weight in oz of water...if you weigh 200lbs you need to be drinking 100ozs of water..
  • iluvwdw
    I know - he said that water is ver good for you but not to prevent wrinkles as you age. Just thought I would share. I still think it is important to drink all your water for the day.

Just sharing what I heard, that's all.
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    interesting - Love Dr. OZ....so did he recommend what moisturizer to wear? I'm currently using Clinique Youthful Surge and I love it.
  • metizzy2
    metizzy2 Posts: 122
    I've always heard that creams and lotions do NOT work, but maybe they work in conjunction to water.....possibly. I know that water is good at keeping the complextion clear, and it helps rid the body of toxins, and keeps you full, and....I can go on and on. LOL
    I drink 3 or more liters of water a day and I haven't seen any change in my sagging skin....it doesn't sag anymore or any less than before I started drinking that much. I like Dr. Oz, and I think he's full of great info, but I'm not sure I believe EVERYTHING I hear and read...everything is so contradicting.
  • skdk833
    skdk833 Posts: 51 Member
    Hey Iluv, I know you have the biggest loser stuff, do they recommend anything for the "saggy's". I think bottom line, you are going to age based on your genetics no matter what you use. I am forever grateful that I didn't get the vain gene. I am proud of my wrinkles, Now the saggy's and stretchmarks, I would pay to get rid of those!!!
  • iluvwdw
    Hey Iluv, I know you have the biggest loser stuff, do they recommend anything for the "saggy's". I think bottom line, you are going to age based on your genetics no matter what you use. I am forever grateful that I didn't get the vain gene. I am proud of my wrinkles, Now the saggy's and stretchmarks, I would pay to get rid of those!!!

Nothing that I have read. I think it is genetics and not losing too fast. And weight training/resistance training helps keep things toned too.

I know water is good for you but dont think it helps with elasticity. It also depends on how old you are, how long you are overweight, and how overweight you are. Luck and genetics and everything else. Pixie dust for all that we don't have saggy skin. :noway:
    :noway:
This discussion has been closed.