Low carb buddy :)

Options
13»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I live low carb, you can add me, diary is open, it really helped me to have a few rules that stick to as much as possible.

No refined sugar
    No artificial sweeteners unless naturally derived
    No wheat or gluten
    No potatoes, rice, pasta or flour
    Very little cheese (a treat)
    Very little fruit (because I'm really sensitive to carbs and convert them easily to fat)

This really helped me to cut out all the carb crap I was eating - going cold turkey (so to speak)
    Now I don't want it and eat it in small amounts - it's really hard to avoid completely. I am losing fat steadily but more importantly I have created a life-long habit so I will never put if back on.

The extra fat and protein I now eat support my ramped up exercise routines - I do about 7 hours a week of weights/badminton/circuit training/walking/stairs

I'm the girl who doesn't do carbs! (And I am guided and monitored by a personal trainer with loads of nutrition qualifications and she monitors me with calliper measurements to make sure my body is getting what it needs so I can make macro adjustments as required.)

Add me if you like :-)

By all means, if you like low carbs have at it. I'm just curious though... your trainer, how does she make adjustments to your macros? Looking back at your diary you don't have any consistency with the macros so how do you determine what is working or what isn't without a baseline.

the rules trump the macros bro, don't ya know?
  • topazora
    topazora Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    going low carb here. Mostly protein, dairy and veggies, since my new office job makes it very hard to active- need to accommodate for the lack of activity.
  • jaycbrf4
    Options
    Low carb Atkins style - within 5lbs of my goal for a few months now. Enjoying adding some carbs back into my diet. Good luck!
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    im doing low carb and after 11 days im -13lbs
    im gonna add you lol