Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Vitamins

I know a lot of people say taking vitamins doesn't replace the vitamins in their natural food sources, but I've been taking vitamins every day for a year now and I have to say I love taking them.

1. I no longer look sickly
2. Hair has grown faster and thicker
3. I don't feel tired all the time
4. I never get sick anymore

:smile:

Replies

• SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    I take them as well and I think the Vitamin E that I have been taking has made a difference for my hair and skin. My husband takes them too and he doesn't get sick very often.
  • sineanbroc
    sineanbroc Posts: 25 Member
    In that case I would continue taking them, I take vitamin d and calcium supplements because I do not get a lot of dairy, but things like Iron and other vitamin supplements would do nothing for me.

I do think it's better to get as many vitamins and minerals from natural sources as possible as they are easier for the body to process but some people need more than they can get from their diets alone. Other tricks such as drinking orange juice before eating iron rich foods (vitamin C aids the body in absorbing iron) can also be very useful to maximize the benefits from your diet.
  • I know a lot of people say taking vitamins doesn't replace the vitamins in their natural food sources, but I've been taking vitamins every day for a year now and I have to say I love taking them.

1. I no longer look sickly
    2. Hair has grown faster and thicker
    3. I don't feel tired all the time
    4. I never get sick anymore

:smile:

I take them as well to ensure that my body is getting all the essential vitamins and minerals to stay healthy (with proper and balanced diet). I've been taking Hercules Multivitamins for almost three years and I'm very satisfied with the results.
  • BenjaminMFP88
    BenjaminMFP88 Posts: 660 Member
    Most multivitamans work good enough. I love mine. The only thing they don't replace as well is a lot of the minerals found in grown foods or grassfed animals. Those minerals are a little harder to come by.