Periodontal disease - any supplementary ideas?

Options
Madame_Goldbricker
Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
I'm due a deep periodontal clean in the morning (lucky me I know). I've been having general 3mth deep cleans as a matter of course, but apparently that's just not cutting it now. I've tried upping my vitamin C with a supplement, I obviously brush after meals (not a total skank), floss, do regular courses of Corsodyl, & use Gengigel. I've even tried diluting a few drops of Propolis for a mouthwash.

Putting this out there as I'm rapidly running out of any other ideas, and short of standing on one leg. In my back garden at midnight with a bucket on my head, whilst waving a chicken in the air. I am willing to try most things. Anyone had any luck with any remedies?

Cheers :drinker:

Replies

• JamericanBoy
    JamericanBoy Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Hey there..

Not to be dense but what exactly is the problem? I know you labeled the topic "Peridontal disease" but has your dentist told you something that you didn't mention in the original post? Did he make recommend a specific course of action?
  • Madame_Goldbricker
    Madame_Goldbricker Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    No, unfortunately not much else to add. The dentists recommendation is that I have the (under local anaesthetic) Perio clean now, & then revert back to my usual 3mth deep cleans afterwards. Obviously I completely agree with following any recommendations he makes, but I was hoping someone would be able to give me some ideas on anything else I could try. Other than just the dental/medical route. Basically any herbal, vitamin supplements that anyone else has had a good result with.

I think I'm just clutching at straws now as every 3mths it seems to be deteriorating rather than being able to halt it.