lost 60 lbs eating junk

Options
First, Im still fat and have much more weight to lose...BUT, let me say that after years of trying different things....only ONE has ever worked and it's what I'm doing now. I eat ANYTHING I want. I just stay under a certain amount of calories.

I have eaten super healthy before and didnt lose any weight because my calories were too high. For me, eating whatever i want (fast food, snacks, whatever) and just watching my calories is doing the trick. Simple.

Just sharing my experience:)

Replies

• holliwood322
    holliwood322 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    simple. you must burn more calories than you take in. a daily calorie deficit should lose weight.
  • becuteagain
    Options
    I totally agree....i dont know why people make it so hard for themselves
  • arrseegee
    arrseegee Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I guess if pure weight loss is what you are aiming for then yes, you have discovered the secret formula.
  • WendyLynn1406
    WendyLynn1406 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thats how i have lost almost 40 lbs in 4 months too!
  • JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    That does work...if you don't mind not changing your actual body fat%
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

say what? I recommend doing some more research and coming back once you have a better understanding of the subjects you speak of. :flowerforyou:

OP, congrats, you've discovered the secret to weight loss! the secret is that there is no secret!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options

What a misguided comment. When I eat junk, I feel like crap, whether or not I lose weight. I gave up refined sugar and fried foods because I like having energy and not feeling sluggish, bloated, and just generally sick. Yes, I still get cravings for chips and cakes and when I eat them, I pay the price and remember why I gave them up in the first place. Perhaps if your ONLY goal is to lose weight then that's fine, but it really seems like a no brainer to me...
  • JustYandy
    Options
    When I lost weight doing that my body fat stayed at 30% ,but I lost weight (lean muscle).....So years down the road decided to try and eat healthier ....I only lost 8lbs over a few months but my body fat went from 30%-24% so that 8 lbs I lost was pure body fat...Thats the difference..I am 158lbs and 24%body fat there is other people that weigh less and have higher or same body fat as me.....
  • JustYandy
    Options

What a misguided comment. When I eat junk, I feel like crap, whether or not I lose weight. I gave up refined sugar and fried foods because I like having energy and not feeling sluggish, bloated, and just generally sick. Yes, I still get cravings for chips and cakes and when I eat them, I pay the price and remember why I gave them up in the first place. Perhaps if your ONLY goal is to lose weight then that's fine, but it really seems like a no brainer to me...

:happy: agree
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight doing that my body fat stayed at 30% ,but I lost weight (lean muscle).....So years down the road decided to try and eat healthier ....I only lost 8lbs over a few months but my body fat went from 30%-24% so that 8 lbs I lost was pure body fat...Thats the difference..I am 158lbs and 24%body fat there is other people that weigh less and have higher or same body fat as me.....

just to clarify, are you saying your choice in foods alone reduced your body fat %?
  • JustYandy
    Options

say what? I recommend doing some more research and coming back once you have a better understanding of the subjects you speak of. :flowerforyou:

OP, congrats, you've discovered the secret to weight loss! the secret is that there is no secret!

what are you talking about?I went from 30% body fat to 24% eating healthy WTF are you talking about ..I don't know what I'm talking about?...anyone can loose weight by not eating too,but I wouldn't recommend it.
  • calliekitten9
    calliekitten9 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Perhaps if your ONLY goal is to lose weight then that's fine, but it really seems like a no brainer to me...

Just because you feel sluggish etc. from eating that food, doesn't mean that others will. :)
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

what are you talking about?I went from 30% body fat to 24% eating healthy WTF are you talking about ..I don't know what I'm talking about?...anyone can loose weight by not eating too,but I wouldn't recommend it.
    I went from 25% BF to 15% eating whatever...
  • JustYandy
    Options

just to clarify, are you saying your choice in foods alone reduced your body fat %?

Well I did something right ?because I lowered it that fast in 2 months.I ate well and worked out.I sure didn't eat fast food everyday or junk often.I doubt you can lower bodyfat with no exercise and just diet
  • JustYandy
    Options

Good for you!:flowerforyou: bet you're cholesterol rocks!
  • JustYandy
    Options

Ya and how much weight lost with that because if it's more then 15lbs then you also lost lean muscle mass CONGRATULATIONS!
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Options

My cholesterol is low. My BP is low. My glucose is normal. Any other tests???

Unlike you Ammuuuuuricans, Canadians actually go to the flipping doctor and go for blood work.
  • JustYandy
    Options
    ok i believe you:laugh:
  • JustYandy
    Options

My cholesterol is low. My BP is low. My glucose is normal. Any other tests???

Unlike you Ammuuuuuricans, Canadians actually go to the flipping doctor and go for blood work.

:laugh:
  • gamergirl180
    Options
    So unhealthy. As you lose weight, the amount of calories you can consume and still lose weight will become less and less. Eating all that junk, you are going to burn through your allotted calories for the day, and you will end up overeating because you will still be hungry. I would suggest trying to eat healthier now before you sabotage all of what you have lost so far. You need to fuel your body. Eating junk is only going to hinder you.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!