Best Part About Losing Weight

Options
2»

Replies

• Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near my goal yet but I can't wait for the day I walk into a store and not have to look at the back of the rack for the largest size or casually try to see what the largest size is by pretending to shop for my boyfriend's "sister".

I can start sharing clothes with my sister (we buy the same stuff anyways, might as well save some money or get really nice things).

I would actually take pictures of myself while on vacation or at events! That would be nice!
  • BossLadyDSimp
    BossLadyDSimp Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Self confidence ... things that I wear look a ton better (Even though I have a long way to go). I appreciate my body more and how hard it is working to keep me going ...

I also like more and more how i look naked :love:

50540473.png
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the best part for me is being able to walk without pain and getting out of breath.
    I love being able to buy "normal" sized clothes too.
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    this all depends on the amount of weight...for me..losing over 100lbs the best part is quality of life....i mean so many things before were such a chore...walking. going to an amusement park, dressing, tying shoes, bathroom stalls...right now i gained 15 back...so losing those 15 to get back into the smaller clothes is the best thing.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    ive lost 50 pounds. i have 50, 60 or 70 more to go. but so far i already feel like a sexy beast. especially when i leave the gym. my confidence is up. i cant even begin to think of how sexy im going to be in 50 more pounds. well i think about it. but i cant wait to see.
  • TheBoldCat
    TheBoldCat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    am finally able to buy clothes which looks great in 10/12 but when i used to try them in 14/16 or even 18 it looked horrible...

also i feel i have far more energy and am able to breath smoothly while exercising ^_^
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    There is so many things that I think are wonderful! I don't hurt all the time is probably the most amazing! I can go shopping and enjoy the clothes I find. I look in the mirror and I'm not ready to bolt! I love:love: the fact that my husband whistles at me now. He never said anything when I was 88 lbs heavier, never anything negitave about my weight. I've still got 12 lbs to go but I know now that I'll be able to reach my goal!
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm nowhere near "goal" but I have lost about 98 lb over the past 5 years and my favorite thing is being able to fit into the world better. I no longer feel wedged into places, like diner booths, theater seats, or small chairs with arms. I am still a large person and still have a long way to go toward 'normal' weight (208 right now) but it's just so nice to feel comfortable everywhere.

I'm always having small NSVs about this, like sitting on a loveseat in my favorite coffee shop with my best friend and actually just taking up part of one cushion...in the past I would have felt like I had to crush myself against one side to avoid my thighs touching my friend and overflowing my half of the loveseat.

Are you very tall? Cuz you look very skinny in your photo!
  • GothyFaery
    GothyFaery Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm not close to my goal yet but now when my husband tells me I'm sexy, I don't feel like he's lying.
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I am roughly 40 lbs from goal, but I've lost more than 100 lbs, so I feel like I'm pretty much almost there.

Best parts of losing weight:

- increased confidence. I stand up for myself, ask for what I need, say no when I want to say no. I just feel more confident in general, and if asked to do something scary, my attitude is "sure, I'll probably do it - it can't hurt to try at least". Before it was "No, i dont think I"ll be able to - I don't/can't do things like that".

-getting to wear cute clothes again. I'm a total girlie girl, I love fashion, I love looking cute, and shopping is sooooo much more fun now.

- being :::able::: to shop. Before it was Torrid, Lane Bryant, Macys plus sizes, or online. That gets old really, really fast. Now, I can shop pretty much anywhere and find something that'll fit. Not everything fits obvs - I'm still in a large or medium in "regular" sizes, and jeans can be problematic. But still - I know walking in that there's a good chance I"ll walk out with an outfit. That feels awesome.

- high sex drive/ more confidence in bed/ better sex :)

-moving is just so much easier. I hop over puddles in the street instead of walking around them. If a car is coming I can jog across the crosswalk instead of just speeding up my walk.

- I believe I'm capable of pretty much anything now :)
  • PunkyRachel
    PunkyRachel Posts: 1,959 Member
    Options
    I'm about 70% to my GW, just 33lbs. left out of 100lbs total that I need to drop. I have also gone from a US size 20 down to a US size 8.

I get way more compliments on my appearance from men.
    I don't have buy plus size clothing anymore.
    I have more energy and confidence.
    I can touch my toes now.
    I have replaced about 80% of my wardrobe with smaller clothes, I love clothes and shopping!
    I can walk for an hour straight. I only lasted 10 minutes when I started out.
    I have a collar bone now.
    I have hip bones now.
    I'm more flexible doing sexual acts with my husband.
    I'm sure there is more, but I'm drawing a blank right now.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!