Constipation

WallyMan
WallyMan Posts: 18
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm doing the Slimfast thing and it's working. I feel great and after two weeks I've lost 14lbs. I have 40 more pounds to go and I know it's not going to be as easy as the first 14 but I'm committed. I'm drinking plenty of water. The only down side so far is constipation. I'm pretty sure it's the Slimfast but could it also be that I'm just not taking in the large quantities of food any longer? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Replies

• MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    i did Kate Morgan a few years back, which is similar, and the girl told me constipation is common, because you're not getting the fibre you were getting from real food. Try psyllium husks (they're pretty gross, but i just stirred them up in some water and sent them down the hatch), but make sure you're really drinking at least 8 glasses of water a day, because if you're not, it'll just block you up more.

good luck, you're doing great!!
  • MissSusieQ
    MissSusieQ Posts: 533 Member
    ps. you win extra votes in my book for the sea shepherd pic.

:)
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    I really don't know, but maybe Miralax in the water?
  • AnnieeR
    AnnieeR Posts: 229
    On Slim Fast you're allowed a "normal" meal everyday, right? Maybe make that meal one with a lot of fibre? Brown rice, lots of veg like broccoli, etc.? And odd as it sounds, I actually get a bit constipated if I don't get enough fat - drizzling some olive oil over salad or something helps me quite a bit....
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    I was thinking of the fat also. You might be getting enough fiber but not enough fat so you get constipated. Olive oil is a good choice or an occasional avocado. When I did Slim Fast I had the exact opposite problem from the drinks. WTG on your weight loss you have had so far.
  • Suwanna
    Suwanna Posts: 9
    :heart: Try eating vegges and fruit too.:heart:
  • WallyMan
    Ha ha. Thanks MissSusie. I love Whale Wars and anytime they save any kind of wildlife it's a victory.

Also, thanks for the diet tip. I've tried a little Milk of Magnesia and it worked good. I've added more fruit to my diet which also helped. :smile:
  • WallyMan
    That's some of the things I've started doing. Thanks for the tips.
This discussion has been closed.