New to Message Boards/Forums

Options
Hello,

Just introducing myself ... saying hello. I think I'm in the right place but have never done this before. Been keeping track on MyFitnessPal since November 1st. All I did was change my "portions" and I dropped a few pounds in the first couple of weeks I think. I'm a vegetarian (I will eat fish for health reasons) - and I start my second week on Phase 1 of the South Beach Diet today. In week one, I've only lost 1 lb. ... which was a bit shocking to me. However, I'm in it for the long haul and don't mind being the tortoise as opposed to the hare, if it develops into a lifelong change.

I wouldn't mind some direction in finding "active" forums/groups that a specifically geared to vegetarians and the south beach diet. Maybe you could point me in the right direction. I'm also seriously lacking in motivation when it comes to exercise. I do well with incentives and short-term challenges ... anything like that supported in this community? I'm limited physically to the types of things I can do (again, health conditions) but most definitely can get on my treadmill, go for walks, do yoga ... that kind of thing. But I don't. Not regularly anyway. Going to get on that treadmill today though!

Looking forward to the support.

I copied and pasted the personal banner thingey below but don't know if it's going to work or not:smile:

We shall see!

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl360\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs24 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 52475144.png\ Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods}