Treadmill and Calories ? How do I loose weight??

Options
Hi there - I am so confused about this calories in calories out thing. Eating your calories. calorie deficits etc. What is a healthy calorie goal to have? I am 150 pounds which is very high for me. I was pregnant and lost the baby at 3 months. I cant seem to get the weight off which is upsetting. Im usually aroung 141. I am 5'7".

How long should I be going on the treadmill for and what should i be eating to loose some pounds??

Replies

• Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    simply follow the calories that MFP gave you, Log everything and eat at a deficit and you will lose weight.

here is a good link with some of the basics about eatting at a deficit and things you will see on MFP
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet
  • Binkie1955
    Binkie1955 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry about the loss of your child. that's tragic. I will keep you in my prayers. I think you may have more on your mind than weight right now and I wouldn't stress about it too much.

when you get around to the weight again, be aware that the whole 'calories in calories out' model is a bit antiquated. While MFP preaches it and many practice it there's a whole bunch of us on MFP who use a low carb approach to get our results and more than happy to walk you through that approach or join any one of the low carb forums to learn more. exercise per se while it may get you in great shape, is not a magic formula for weight loss. It may in fact stimulate your appetite and increase muscle weight.

for now, deal with the loss and hang in there.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    Send you a message.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!