Lean Cusine

Options
Hi everyone....
Just wondering...is it ok to have a lean cusine dinner if I pick the right ones??
I also need ideas of what I can eat as in normal foods...I have been on this diet for 5 days...I want to be able to make healthy choices when I go to the grocery store today...any help would be appreciated....
I need ideas for breakfast foods
lunch foods
and things to cook healthy at home....

trying to pretty much see what all of you are having in your diet...
I have sting cheese on my shopping list to use as a snack. I know I could have it on the south beach diet..but not sure if on this diet...Im still new to all of this as in counting calories and everything....I know south beach was simple for me...because I clean out my pantry of all the things I couldnt have and went shopping for things I could eat... if I make this easy I can stick to it....

Replies

• carriew776
    Options
    I guess it depends on what you are cutting out of your diet. I personally am just trying to eat healthier and go low calorie/low fat. (Which I havent been sticking to like I should LOL). I love Lean Cuisine . . I think eating those helps so you arent eating the same tired stuff day after day! And the panini sandwiches ROCK
  • vdub88
    vdub88 Posts: 79
    Options
    depends on whether or not you are watching the sodium. Sodium content is high in prepared foods. - breakfast is my hardest meal as well. I have found egg white omelttes to be very good. egg whites or scrambles (smart eggs) and mix in peppers or sometimes turkey sausage - oatmeal is awesome and you can learn to add a few things to make it different each day. just remember to eat - you will be more successful in eating.
    i'm headed to the store today and purchasing spinach to put in omlette's and it's also good in a few lean cusinse = giving you more protein and added flavor
  • mellowlen62
    mellowlen62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm always STARVING after I eat Lean Cuisine. I find it better at lunchtime anyway to fill up on vegetables and protein (eggs, fish, chicken, tuna) without mayo or sauces. I've learned to love it actually. Also, there's a lot of sodium in prepared dinners. Good luck!!
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Hey there,

Well I am totally for LEan Cusine....I buy frozen dinners for lunch as long as they are under 300 calories. That way I don<t have to worry about figuring out the portions or what is in it. I really like the Stouffer and the Healhty Choices as well...they are quite tasty and keep me full...a V8 is great to accompany and low in calories

For breakfast I try to stick to a big coffee and I make these "Smart for Life" muffins at home....I like to stick under 200 calories.....sometimes I have a toast ...or an english muffiin...with a fruit....

As for dinner....I usually stick to a 3 oz protein with salad and vegetables....

For in between snacks....Source yogurt is only 35 calories per serving....(usually aroud ten am) And I have a handful of almonds in the afternoon to keeep the metbolism going and keep me feeling full.... lots of water helps....

If enough calories permit, I have popcorn as a snack in the evening while watching a movie....

You just have to figure out what you like and how you can fit it in your day or try to find a lower calorie version....

Hope this helps
  • starstealing
    Options
    lean cuisines are great for portion control. recently, however, i've noticed that the healthy choice frozen dinners have less ingredients and consist of more things that i can actually pronounce! my favorites are the ravioli ones. :)
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If you're confused about what to buy, I'd checkout a healthy eating plan from a cookbook, magazine, or website. Then, plan your weekly menu around the recipes in the book. You could even use your familiar South Beach menus. I love the Eating for Life, Mater Your Metabolism, and Biggest Loser (30 Day Jump Start, Family cookbook) books. So, pick which recipes you want to try for the week, and plan your grocery list.

As for the frozen dinners. they're great for portion control and easy preparation. Try to add in some more natural foods though. Those meals have tons of sodium and perservatives. I think the Kashi and Amy's frozen meals might be a bit healthier.

Good luck!
  • TracyJean2012
    TracyJean2012 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have found Lean Cuisnie Market creations they are steamed meals perfect for one for lunch.
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mellowlen62. I don't mind LeanCuisine, but they don't stick to my ribs. I end up hungry and rummaging through the kitchen to see what else I can eat, defeating the purpose of the small portion.

But on the other hand, they were really useful to me when I had to bring my own lunch to work. Even when I worked a job in the school system where the cafeteria prepared heavy meals, I still ate my own food in the teacher's lounge. I would bring a piece of fruit or a granola bar to eat in the late afternoon so I wouldn't be tempted to raid the snack machine for candy bars.
  • dale49
    dale49 Posts: 37
    Options
    I think that any prepared foods should be an occasional thing rather thna a stand-by. Having said that I LOVE Healthy Choice entrees - the ones with the wee dessert included. Since I'm trying for a complete lifestyle change that I can maintain for life I moslty opt for 'real' food closest to its natural state. A great and filling low calorie breakfast is 4 egg whites made into an omelette and topped with mixed, grilled vegetables left over from dinner. You can't go wrong with a whole grain sandwich made with Wholly Guacamole (which helps control portion size), tomatoes , lettuce and Light Laughing Cow cheese. it's yummy and filling.